Another blow to our sport
-> General

#1: Another blow to our sport Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:05 pm
    ----
http://www.nssf.org/news/fromBP.cfm?BPseq=704

What the he11 is this all about

Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad

==============================================

January 7, 2008

CREDIT CARD PROCESSING COMPANY REJECTS FIREARMS INDUSTRY

REFUSES TO PROCESS TRANSACTIONS . . . Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp. are refusing to process any credit card transactions between federally licensed firearms retailers, distributors and manufacturers -- a move which will severely limit available inventory of firearms and ammunition to military, law enforcement and law-abiding Americans.

The first company to be affected by this decision appears to be firearms distributor CDNN Sports Inc.

"We were contacted recently by First Data/Citi Merchant Services by a June Rivera-Mantilla stating that we were terminated and funds were being seized for selling firearms in a non-face-to-face transaction," said Charlie Crawford, president of CDNN Sports Inc. "Although perfectly legal, we were also informed that no transactions would be processed in the future, even for non-firearms. I find this very frightening."

To voice your concern to Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp., please contact June Rivera-Mantilla at 631-683-7734 or her supervisor Robert Tenenbaum at 631-683-6570.

To change to an NSSF-affiliated credit card processing program, contact Payment Alliance International at 1-866-371-2273 (ext. 1131).

#2: Re: Another blow to our sport Author: d_hoffmanLocation: Chillicothe, Ohio PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:35 pm
    ----
let'em stop. In turn, everybody close thier accounts with them and take business elsewhere. Pretty soon they'll be out of business.

#3: Re: Another blow to our sport Author: g45_70Location: N.W. Montana PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:14 pm
    ----
It's called corporate commi America. The same creeps who brought us gun control in the first place and have been stealing your birth rights all along. They should all be lined up and shot for treason, as they are less than scum! There the ones that give scum a bad name! ......................Gene...........................

#4: Re: Another blow to our sport Author: d_hoffmanLocation: Chillicothe, Ohio PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:35 pm
    ----
[quote="g45_70"]They should all be lined up and shot for treason, as they are less than scum! There the ones that give scum a bad name!

I'll have to agree with you on that. Can I voluteer to fire the first shot. Shooting Pistol Shooting Sniper

#5: Re: Another blow to our sport Author: dick1208Location: South Africa PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:05 am
    ----
Wow and I thought we had it BAD here in SAfrica!
We might not be able to buy Firearms as readily as you guys...but any merchant will happily take any credit card here!
TERRIBLE te hear!!! wtf Mad

#6: Re: Another blow to our sport Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:28 pm
    ----
dick1208,
Welcome to the Forum.

I hate it when political correctness rules in corporate America. All the best...
Gil

#7: Re: Another blow to our sport Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:29 pm
    ----
Welcome to the forms Richard! Howdy

Its the credit card company not the stores that are causing this problem, however myself I think its a good thing, means less interest going to Citi. Wink

Dimitri

#8: Re: Another blow to our sport Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:59 am
    ----
Capital One has never done anything like that to me......

#9: Re: Another blow to our sport Author: KYGunnerLocation: Elizabethtown, KY PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 pm
    ----
WHAT'S IN YOUR WALLET???

#10: Re: Another blow to our sport Author: RPM1031Location: College Park, Georgia PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:12 pm
    ----
Don't think I'll have any trouble with my Cabela's card! Very Happy Very Happy Cheers Very Happy Very Happy

#11: Re: Another blow to our sport Author: A17ShooterLocation: California Foothills (Gold Country) PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:43 pm
    ----
dick1208,

Welcome to HuntingNut! Pull up a stump and grab a beer out of the cooler. Tell some stories. Show some pics. Ask some questions.

#12: Re: Another blow to our sport Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:10 am
    ----
Check the name Robert Rubin in Wikipedia to see where this policy most likely comes from.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Rubin

#13: Re: Another blow to our sport Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:41 am
    ----
wtf Credit card companies are assurting their right to use their power-now we can assurt our right by choosing another company to deal with.Money talks,B.S. walks!Funny why no-one has not yelled discrimination on business practices as firearms and ffl are both federally controlled!Let this credit card company suck hind teat!

#14: Re: Another blow to our sport Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:22 pm
    ----
English Mike wrote:
Check the name Robert Rubin in Wikipedia to see where this policy most likely comes from.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Rubin

That explains it!

-> General