gunsmith tools
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: gunsmith tools Author: badland PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:44 pm
    ----
Would like to get a good set of medium priced screwdrivers, any suggestions? Just got done doing a search and read many reviews, seems like someone had something negative to say about all of them, even the high dollar ones. Not in the gunsmithing business but would like a set the average shooter would use. Thanks

#2: Re: gunsmith tools Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:19 pm
    ----
The problem I keep hearing about even gunsmith screwdriver sets is that no matter how many types of flat head screw driver bits they have you will come across flat heads you do not have the right size for, thats when a grinder and a bigger flat head bit (or 1/4" hex bit you can use like a "blank" bit) come in handy.

Myself I never purchased any gunsmith screwdrivers, I just use what fits or I make my own bit, not too often though. Smile

Dimitri

#3: Re: gunsmith tools Author: Deleted_User_2665 PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:34 pm
    ----
I typically grind to fit....mostly.

#4: Re: gunsmith tools Author: fireball 3Location: northern calif PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:19 am
    ----
I'm a mech an' we have to grind to fit flat blades all the time.Got $356 in screwdrivers an' $200 worth of custom grind to fit blades. Never ends. Dave Smile

#5: Re: gunsmith tools Author: Jack PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:51 am
    ----
Brownells sells several different sized kits of interchangeable bit gunsmith screwdrivers.

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions