Go To Rifle this fall ??
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Go To Rifle this fall ?? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:24 pm
    ----
Decided to make a poll to see what type of firearms are going to go out this hunting season with the members, might be a interesting satistic to see what most will be carrying in the bush with them. Smile

So post now and have fun!

Dimitri

#2: Re: Go To Rifle this fall ?? Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:36 pm
    ----
What's a 45-70Win ....... ?????

#3: Re: Go To Rifle this fall ?? Author: roklokLocation: Fairbanks, Alaska PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:45 pm
    ----
My go to rifle this fall? Same as my go to rifle for the last 14 years, my trusty 35 Whelen. Probably use the 45-70 GOVERNMENT some also.

Last edited by roklok on Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: Go To Rifle this fall ?? Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:49 pm
    ----
Depending on what I'm hunting but likely my 25-06 rem or my 45-70 gov't.

#5: Re: Go To Rifle this fall ?? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:17 pm
    ----
My mistake, was thinking of the 270Win when I wrote that. Sad I ment 45-70Gov't Bang Head

Cant change the poll ether. Sad

Dimitri

#6: Re: Go To Rifle this fall ?? Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:39 pm
    ----
Very Happy so far 60% go for large bore

#7: Re: Go To Rifle this fall ?? Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:50 am
    ----
.32 win special lever action, reliable.....getting the grandson a .22 this year...his first...thinking of buying myself a .243 for varmints or....just for having a .243 Smile

#8: Re: Go To Rifle this fall ?? Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:54 am
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
My mistake, was thinking of the 270Win when I wrote that. Sad I ment 45-70Gov't Bang Head

Cant change the poll ether. Sad

Dimitri

No sweat "Mitri", we all make mistakes Shocked ....... well most of us, Bushy excluded of course ..........! Very Happy

For deer I usually use a smaller caliber but I've been known to use my 45-70 for everything. Including gophers ............ Cool

#9: Re: Go To Rifle this fall ?? Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:36 am
    ----
1895ss wrote:
but I've been known to use my 45-70 for everything. Including gophers ............ Cool

I can imagine you standing out in a field staring at a spot where you're sure a gopher used to be because all that's there now is this fine red mist... Very Happy Very Happy

#10: Re: Go To Rifle this fall ?? Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:05 am
    ----
45/70 Guide Gun.
I guess that when I take my 300WinMag to the range tomorrow, I will have to tell it that it is now a "medium bore" from now on. wtf

Eric

#11: Re: Go To Rifle this fall ?? Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:45 am
    ----
I'll be sticking with my never fail .257 Roberts.--tr Very Happy

#12: Re: Go To Rifle this fall ?? Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:15 pm
    ----
tracker wrote:
1895ss wrote:
but I've been known to use my 45-70 for everything. Including gophers ............ Cool

I can imagine you standing out in a field staring at a spot where you're sure a gopher used to be because all that's there now is this fine red mist... Very Happy Very Happy

Or a crater ............. Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

#13: Re: Go To Rifle this fall ?? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:45 pm
    ----
ElyBoy wrote:
I guess that when I take my 300WinMag to the range tomorrow, I will have to tell it that it is now a "medium bore" from now on. wtf

Sorry but in my head I got the RIFLE calibers catagorized like this:

Small Bore = Smaller then 270caliber
Medium Bore = between 270-350 calibers
Large Bore = above 350
Really Darn Big Bore = 50 caliber and above.

Then seperate "Intermediate" from "Standard" from "Magnium" rounds.

Dimitri

#14: Re: Go To Rifle this fall ?? Author: keetoowahLocation: Deep in the mountains of Montana PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:30 am
    ----
my dad was asking me about the 45 70s and I know nothing about them
I went to the store today looking at savage 308 really wanting to buy one soon. actually want to buy two.

I just moved out to where bears and moose along with deer and loads and loads of turkeys walking through my property.
funny thing I was taking the dogs out there so I can move my things easier and we came around a turn and there were 3 turkeys in the road. had to slow down and let them walk across to the the other side. I thought why do people need flippin camo when they are like this?
strolling over not running till I blew the horn then they ran. 3 hens.
thought they could see red.
I have a big dodge red truck and they werent afraid. weird huh

so any info on the 45 70 to help dad with would be appreciated.
be safe

#15: Re: Go To Rifle this fall ?? Author: fireball 3Location: northern calif PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:28 pm
    ----
Very Happy + Howdy well for me, it will either be my 8-06 or my 8-300win mag. will be hunting russian boar ,probably at montery area in norcal with rdncktink and my snap-on dealer. Dave Hiding

-> General