Sniper must rice his head higher when using telescopic sig
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Sniper must rice his head higher when using telescopic sig Author: K.W.Location: Finland PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:08 pm
    ----
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...A4yh%c3%a4 It was not Simo Häyhä-means

Last edited by K.W. on Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Sniper must rice their head higher when using telescopic Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:42 pm
    ----
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...A4yh%C3%A4

Odd that link wont work maybe this one will. Smile

I like this part of the Artical the most:

Quote::
When asked in 1998 how he had become such a good shot, he answered, "Practice."

The Finnish did some impressive things in the Winter war agisnt the Russians. Smile

Dimitri

#3: Re: Sniper must rice their head higher when using telescopic Author: K.W.Location: Finland PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:02 pm
    ----
Yes Sir. The Russians was assuming that Finland is " easy job" to take.

#4: Sniper must raise their head higher when using telescopic Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:33 pm
    ----
Impressive story. All the best...
Gil

#5: Re: Sniper must rice their head higher when using telescopic sig Author: hunter63 PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:56 pm
    ----
? rice their head?

#6: Re: Sniper must rice their head higher when using telescopic Author: K.W.Location: Finland PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:41 am
    ----
Hei Hunter 63. The scope is 2" higher than iron sights. The forehead is also. Kauko.

#7: Re: Sniper must rice their head higher when using telescopic sig Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:03 am
    ----
hunter63,

He ment "Rise their head" Wink

Dimitri

#8: Re: Sniper must rice their head higher when using telescopic Author: K.W.Location: Finland PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:35 am
    ----
Ofcourse. Sorry. This is very wrong language for me. But if sniper use scope he must also rice his own hean. I was readin in Finish and Häyhä was telling abaut his own head. Ofcourse it works two ways. Good point.

Last edited by K.W. on Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: Sniper must rice their head higher when using telescopic sig Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:41 am
    ----
KW,

Dont worry about it. Your from Finland a non-English speaking country and you are spelling pretty well. Smile

Dimitri

#10: Re: Sniper must rice their head higher when using telescopic Author: K.W.Location: Finland PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:51 am
    ----
Dimitri ,You are too friendly. Kauko.

#11: Re: Sniper must rice their head higher when using telescopic Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:52 am
    ----
K.W. wrote:
Ofcourse. Sorry. This is very wrong language for me. But if sniper use scope he must also rice his own hean.

Don't loose any sleep over it Kauko......your english is understandable mate.

I don't think that a sniper need to raise his head that much higher to sight his rifle. A scope is a little higher than iron sights, but a sniper that is any good will have put himself into a good enough hide/position that it wouldn't be a problem. Obviously your countryman was an exceptional sniper to account for as many of the enemy as he did. Reading between the lines I get the impression he also engaged in the standard infantry type tactics as well as his sniping duties......a good well rounded soldier.

Cheers, Vince

#12: Re: Sniper must rice their head higher when using telescopic Author: K.W.Location: Finland PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:18 am
    ----
Thanks Vince, but my "English" = too much "confusion" . (You was teaching that word to me). Kauko.

#13: Re: Sniper must rice their head higher when using telescopic sig Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:23 am
    ----
I think that English is the most confusing language of them all. I won't go into it now and confuse you even more, but it can get really confusing sometimes.

Hang in there mate....you are doing well.

Cheers, Vince

#14: Re: Sniper must rice their head higher when using telescopic sig Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:03 am
    ----
K.W. Just look at this way. You have the best English teachers that you can get here. None of us speak true English. Some Australian, some American, some English, some Canadian and some African. You have the advantage here. You speak more then one language...

You're doing just fine. As I said earlier. If we don't understand what you have typed, we'll ask. O K ?

And that's "[raise] his head".... Very Happy

#15: Re: Sniper must rice their head higher when using telescopic sig Author: MoraxLocation: Pittsburgh Pa PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:57 am
    ----
born and raised here, with english, and i still am unsre on its usage...

-> General