Winter Dogs
-> Varmint Hunting

#1: Winter Dogs Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:28 pm
    ----
Today Sunday, the skies cleared, temps. in mid 40's, not much wind, just the kinda winter day prairie dogs love to come out and lounge. 40 MPH winds had blown most of snow out of the dog towns around here. Was a great afternoon to lay on top of a ridge and shoot up a hundred rounds or so at dogs. Winter dog shooting can be great, and never no snakes. Very Happy Very Happy

#2: Re: Winter Dogs Author: skb2706 PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:52 am
    ----
My winter dogs are still covered with a foot of snow. Couple more weeks before they will be out in force here on the prairie.
Once the snow melts down a bit you do get that special "ground effects" with a center mass hit and a snowy background.

#3: Re: Winter Dogs Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:12 am
    ----
This time of year I would suspect the snow should start receding pretty fast. We didn't get much snow this winter till just lately, so got to shoot most of the winter.--tr

#4: Re: Winter Dogs Author: skb2706 PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:11 pm
    ----
My first real trip out to the farm this year won't come til end of March or first weekend in April. Spend a couple days working on farm equipment then shoot the dogs for a couple. Won't get real serious until May...got a few friends that want to come out then so I don't shoot much but they have a hell of a time.

#5: Re: Winter Dogs Author: jtwtshelton PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:48 pm
    ----
Man that all sounds like so much fun. I wish I had a good place to shoot prairie dogs out here in Oklahoma.

#6: Re: Winter Dogs Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:58 am
    ----
jtwtshelton wrote:
Man that all sounds like so much fun. I wish I had a good place to shoot prairie dogs out here in Oklahoma.

Hopefully some day you'll find a good place to shoot. Then you will be hooked. Have a nice day.--tr Smile

-> Varmint Hunting