what makes you feel old?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> Jokes & Humor

#16: Re: what makes you feel old? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:34 am
    ----
Morax...I don't push beads on a wire...Unless it'a at the pool hall...(Billiards room for the English and Aussies).

Yes. I have noticed that a lot of people can't tell time by the hands of a clock. My 12 year old grand daughter can now. She spent part of her summer vacation with the grand parants (me and Grandma) learning some of the "old" stuff including gun safety...I have aften wondered what they teach in school and feel that my tax dollars are going to waste in the education field. Too many teachers not teaching an open mindedness to their students (how to think on your own and develope your own agendas). Instead teaching personal beliefs and agendas (and how to tell time by a regular clock).

#17: Re: what makes you feel old? Author: rdncktinkLocation: Hwaseong, South Korea PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:37 am
    ----
Well I'm teaching history and discovered that instead I'm trying to teach them how to write a sentence. Man I hate how the "new wave" of teaching has worked out. Lets go back to basics of things like how to read and think. When did thinking become a bad thing? I'm guessing somewhere since I left high school and have gone back to teach it.

#18: Re: what makes you feel old? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:47 am
    ----
History interesting, what type of history ?? Confused

Dimitri

#19: Re: what makes you feel old? Author: fireball 3Location: northern calif PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:39 am
    ----
good mornin dimitri, i hate when the younger techs think they know more than us older ones with more experience. no pun intended though. we have one here at work that does just that when they have a problem they don't want help even when it takes them 2-3 hrs of more time. the shop forman then helps but she still insists her way was better. Not! sorry just sounding a little. what makes it worse is she is the shop forman's daughter. Laughing can't win huh!dave

#20: Re: what makes you feel old? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:02 am
    ----
Fireball,

Sometimes the younger techs know what they are doing but most of the time they don't Laughing

They don't realize reading something in a book and doing it is a totally different thing. Wink

Dimitri

#21: Re: what makes you feel old? Author: rdncktinkLocation: Hwaseong, South Korea PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:49 am
    ----
right now I'm doing world history WWI to present. But my degree is in antibellum through reconstruction US southern view point (Civil War) and WWII with a minor in Constatutional Interpertation (basically that's a minor in law)

#22: Re: what makes you feel old? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:51 am
    ----
Neat, your the first girl I met who is interested in the history of wars. Shocked

Dimitri

#23: Re: what makes you feel old? Author: rdncktinkLocation: Hwaseong, South Korea PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:03 am
    ----
I want to get my Ph.D. in war faire and conflict and then teach at one of the military schools in the US

#24: Re: what makes you feel old? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:06 am
    ----
Neat. Smile I just put my application in friday for the Canadian Air Force. Shocked

Dimitri

#25: Re: what makes you feel old? Author: rdncktinkLocation: Hwaseong, South Korea PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:50 am
    ----
Cool good luck with that

#26: Re: what makes you feel old? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:17 pm
    ----
It would seem that a trained machinist would be better off in the Canadian Navy...But maybe not. Hummm...Aircraft machinist. Yeah...That'll do...

I'm an Ancient History buff myself...From Pre Dawn up to 1620...

#27: Re: what makes you feel old? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:23 pm
    ----
Bushmaster,

Oddly enough the closest job to a machinist in the Canadian Forces is in the Airforce as a "Aircraft Structures Technition". The other couple of jobs I'm told by people who are in the Forces eventhough they claim they are similar to machinists and Tool and Die maker jobs they are really "fix everything no one else wants to" guys Shocked

AST Techs also get to play with the CNC machines the Canadian Forces claim to have, which requires "advance training" for the CNC stuff which my college already covers. I can set up CNC machines in about 5 minutes. Cool

Dimitri

#28: Re: what makes you feel old? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:30 pm
    ----
Air Force it is then...

#29: Re: what makes you feel old? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:32 pm
    ----
Bushmaster,

Should have saw the look on the recuirters face when I showed him my college marks and the letters of "congradulations" for reciving honors for all of my terms so far after showing him how related the job is to my college course. Very Happy

Dimitri

#30: Re: what makes you feel old? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:42 pm
    ----
You going to try to go for Officers Training? Maybe?

-> Jokes & Humor