.25WSSM Loads
-> Reloading Ammunition

#1: .25WSSM Loads Author: caygle PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:54 pm
    ----
I just bought a Model 70 FW in .25WSSM. I was wondering if anyone has any load reccomendations. I live in CA so the deer i'll be hunting are small.

#2: Re: .25WSSM Loads Author: longwalkerLocation: Bethel, AK PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:02 am
    ----
I have no experience with 25 wssm. I have 4 years experience with 25-06, shooting everything from 87 - 120 grain bullets. I have settled on a Speer 100 grian SPTBT. It leaves the barrel at alittle over 3170. Its terminal effects on White Tail, Mule Deer and Antelope are spectacular. Given the range capability I choose my shots carefully. On all but the longest shots, you won't see the game fall. The first antelope I shot, I was sure was a miss, only looking closely through the scope did I see the Bucks head in the grass. Distance was about 165 yards. This was a broad side shot. Since then I shot a nice mule deer in the western portion of the state. This buck went about 30 yards, up hill thankfully.

I think you will be happy with the results on game. Pick and place your shots, and you will have some great long stories to tell.

longwalker

-> Reloading Ammunition