NEW RANGE
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> General

#16: Re: NEW RANGE Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:46 pm
    ----
Arizona Hunter wrote:
Wow! Vince, that sounds awesome! Need to help those land owners thin the vermin. Have fun.
What gun will you be starting with?

Gidday Arizona, how are you mate...keeping well I hope.

I thoroughly enjoy hunting feral critters....."kills" two birds with the one stone....enjoyable hunting and doing something for the environment.

I'll take my Krico rimfire in 22LR and my Weatherby Vanguard in .243 WIN. There isn't anything there that the .243 isn't suitable for, from rabbits to deer although pigs is borderline. Can't beat a rimfire .22LR for rabbits, its as cheap as chips to shoot, much cheaper than the .243 and is accurate out to 75m - 80m. Once I get a feel for the place then I'll take what I need....maybe shotgun (Fausti O/U 12g) or my favourite Win Mod 94 in 30.30 WIN.....maybe even all of them just for the hell of it. Laughing :lol

shrpshtrjoe wrote:
Congrats on the new huntin spot Vince. I hope ya get many days of enjoyment there . Shoot a bunch .Joe

Thanks Joe, I sure intend to spend some real quality and productive time out there.

gelandangan wrote:
Vince you lucky bastard !!

I'm green with envy.. Gelan

ha ha ha Laughing Not to worry mate, there are still plenty of places like this out there. It just a matter of getting out and speaking to property owners and showing them that you are not a clown, but a responsible person.

Cheers, Vince

#17: Re: NEW RANGE Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:47 am
    ----
3 hours South of Brisbane sounds to me like you are in N.S.W.
I had better come up and help you check the place out Vince.

#18: Re: NEW RANGE Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:42 am
    ----
tikkat3 wrote:
3 hours South of Brisbane sounds to me like you are in N.S.W.
I had better come up and help you check the place out Vince.

Gidday mate....no, not in NSW.....still in QLD but a bit off the beaten track.

Cheers, Vince

#19: Re: NEW RANGE Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:33 pm
    ----
Good for you Vince.

I have lost several good hunting spots due to "hunters" with no scruples.

Hearing from you, the problem with pig hunters isn't a USA problem only.

Have fun, be safe, and good luck.

Eric

#20: Re: NEW RANGE Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:19 am
    ----
Best of Hunting to you Vince on the new Range.
Crossing the border has a new set of rules now.
There is a season on some of the deer. Oct- March no shoot.
G licence required even on private land.Game Council
Hope thats gone in alright.

-> General