A Rose Amongst the Thorns
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#91: Re: A Rose Amongst the Thorns Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:05 am
    ----
"Happy Birthday" George and many many more ............ Party The Wave Smile

#92: Re: A Rose Amongst the Thorns Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:36 pm
    ----
Happy 64th George Party Party

Vince, good work on getting your girl outta there and I have to agree with Bushy, those kids will be more resilient than adults usually give them credit for. Don't see how they can be anything but tough with a crusty ol' bush oz for a Granpa... Very Happy

#93: Re: A Rose Amongst the Thorns Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:49 pm
    ----
Vince,

Dont worry so much about the kids, coming from a "broken home" with divorced/seperated parents isnt as bad as they try and make it seem. Trust me my parents seperated when I was 10, or just alittle over 9 years ago. Wink

Dimitri

#94: Re: A Rose Amongst the Thorns Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:55 am
    ----
Firstly.....HAPPY BIRFDAY GEORGE. Don't get too drunk mate...well not before we get there anywayz. Very Happy Laughing

Thanks for the words of encouragement for my daughter and her kids fellas. As you have said...kids are resilient....they bounce back. I have no doubt that they will be able to lead a much better life now.

Something I forgot to mention yesterday.....don't know how I forgot, but anywayz......on one of my trips through the hills I saw a mob of red deer, about a dozen, lazily feeding in amongst the trees about 30 feet off the road. wtf I didn't even have a camera with me, let alone a rifle Mad .....bugger!!

Cheers, Vince

#95: Re: A Rose Amongst the Thorns Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:11 am
    ----
Vince,

Are there seasons for red deer over there ?? Smile

If not and you can get away with it there I suggest keeping a rifle in the car hidden away and if a cop stops you say you are going/comming back from hunting at all times so you never miss another chance like that. Laughing

Dimitri

#96: Re: A Rose Amongst the Thorns Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:20 am
    ----
Gidday 'Mitri. No mate....no season on red deer. They are considered feral in Queensland and as such are fair game anytime.

Wouldn't carry a rifle for "spec" chances......I'll just remember where I saw them and come back another day ...... after speaking with the property owner. (Most important).

Cheers, Vince

#97: Re: A Rose Amongst the Thorns Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:23 am
    ----
Yup Vince you need to speak to the property owner. Smile

Anyways Australia sounds like a hunting paradise, no seasons or anything on most animals. Could go hunting anytime of the year. Smile

Dimitri

#98: Re: A Rose Amongst the Thorns Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:37 am
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
Yup Vince you need to speak to the property owner. Smile

Anyways Australia sounds like a hunting paradise, no seasons or anything on most animals. Could go hunting anytime of the year. Smile

Dimitri

Wouldn't call it a hunting paradise mate....the govt is slowly but surely legislating our firearms away. Death by a thousand cuts we call it.

Having said that it is still a good place to hunt, although each state has its own Laws, Rules and Regulations.

Cheers, Vince

#99: Re: A Rose Amongst the Thorns Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:57 am
    ----
Vince,

They are trying to get rid of out firearms everywhere including here, we are lucky and got the Conservatives in power which didn't go out and ban semi-auto's after a wackjob went into a college and shot a bunch of kids. The other 2 political parties were going nuts demanding the guns to be banned. The whole thing blew over in a couple of months and now people seem to have forgotten it happend. Still not in the clear here. Seeing as thats the platform the Liberals went in the last election to ban handguns. Confused

Dimitri

#100: Re: A Rose Amongst the Thorns Author: fireball 3Location: northern calif PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:27 am
    ----
Just a little insight, San Francisco has a law that bands hand guns.Is'nt that against the 2 amendment? What's next, NO passing gas unless it's the vehicle? Dave Confused

#101: Re: A Rose Amongst the Thorns Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:28 am
    ----
Fireball,

Thats the problem with California, they dont care about the US Constitution.

In other parts of the world we do not have constitutions that protect the ownership of firearms like the US does. So it makes it easyer for the anti's to do what they wish here. Sad

Dimitri

#102: Re: A Rose Amongst the Thorns Author: fireball 3Location: northern calif PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:33 pm
    ----
My theory is what charlie daniels says in one of his songs. They can have my guns when they pry them out of my hands when I die. take'm from the criminals then they can have mine,well at least one Very Happy anyway. Dave

#103: Re: A Rose Amongst the Thorns Author: george20042007Location: Arizona PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:11 pm
    ----
Finally...got back here. Now that was a birthday party Embarassed I think I'd better get some rest now.
Keep it coming...

#104: Re: A Rose Amongst the Thorns Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:38 am
    ----
george20042007 wrote:
Finally...got back here. Now that was a birthday party Embarassed I think I'd better get some rest now.
Keep it coming...

Good thing they only happen to you once a year, hey george ................. Very Happy

#105: Re: A Rose Amongst the Thorns Author: george20042007Location: Arizona PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:24 am
    ----
Yep!
Keep it coming...

-> Spam-O-Rama