How often do you practice?
-> Primitive Weapons Hunting

#1: How often do you practice? Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:27 pm
    ----
We are blessed with a lot of shooting ranges around here and private property for shooting. I try to get out a least once a week. I really enjoy shooting and cleaning a muzzleloader. All the best...
Gil

#2: Re: How often do you practice? Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:55 pm
    ----
Sadly the vast majority of the places I used to "plink" are now gone. I would have bet good money a few years ago it couldnt happen... but it did. This past saturday I went to an old "haunt" to do some plinking... would you believe there is a locked 10ft high chain link fence around the entire place?? with another 2ft of barbed wire on top of that! The second place I normally use has 4 trackhoes parked off to the side and markers for a new road and subdivision.

So to get back to the question not as much as I'd like. I havent shot my Muzzleloader actually in over a year. Thats moderately depressing to me (I was forced to archery hunt last year). Sadly I just dont have the time anymore to just go "plink" and practice. Lately it takes alot of effort to gather everything up and to go find a place. There arent really any ranges locally so thats not an option (although I'm wondering about creating one... wonder if it would be profitable).

I grew up shooting litterally almost every day in a very rural area. My father was a good shot and taught me well and that training has stuck with me. Usually I can pick up any gun and be pretty darn accurate right off the bat, the exception of course is Dove hunting Smile

Ah darn this crummy busy world, we seem to be loosing the recreation side of things. (sorry for the tone of this post lol... just got home from a really bad day at work... one I wish I was doing other things like shooting Wink )

-DallanC

#3: Re: How often do you practice? Author: roundballLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:53 pm
    ----
GilMartin wrote:
We are blessed with a lot of shooting ranges around here and private property for shooting. I try to get out a least once a week. I really enjoy shooting and cleaning a muzzleloader. All the best...
Gil

My routine is a 40 shot range session with a Flintlock every Saturday morning except during hunting season and the occasional conflict like severe weather or family situation...about 30 sessions a year

-> Primitive Weapons Hunting