What is a farrier ??
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Re: The Rifle Cam Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:23 am
    ----
What is a farrier ?? Confused

Dimitri

#2: Re: The Rifle Cam Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:06 am
    ----
Good mornin' "Big D"...A farrier is a man/woman who shoes horses.

#3: Re: The Rifle Cam Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:09 am
    ----
Ah thanks! Smile

I didn't know there were people to shoe horses always thought the owners did it. Shocked

Dimitri

#4: Re: The Rifle Cam Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:50 am
    ----
No...Well some do, but I prefer to let someone else screw up their back for $50.00 a horse...

#5: Re: The Rifle Cam Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:08 pm
    ----
That makes sense Bushmaster Laughing

Dimitri

#6: Re: What is a farrier ?? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:33 am
    ----
Hey Bushy....you good lookin' rooster....how ya doin' mate?

Don't forget the Fang Farrier....although some call him the Dentist. Went to see mine today so he could fit a new gold crown for me.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy

Cheers, Vince

#7: Re: What is a farrier ?? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:12 am
    ----
What? Out chewin' the bone with your dog again?

Had a Foxtrotter at the mini ranch yesterday. Didn't pan out. Too many health issues. Mostly no health or shot records and an indication that he either had a nutrition or inflamation 6 or 8 months ago (All four hooves had rings around them). Sad But Cutter sure liked him.

#8: Re: What is a farrier ?? Author: DawgdadLocation: On the Prairie PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:18 pm
    ----
I have 16 of the hayburners in my barn. I will always let someone else do the shoeing. You can really screw up a good horse with a bad trim.

#9: Re: What is a farrier ?? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:41 pm
    ----
All this talk about horses makes me want to get one. Shocked

Dimitri

#10: Re: What is a farrier ?? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:33 pm
    ----
Well "Big D"...They are a constant worry health wise, have to be shawd every 8 weeks, need their shots at least once a year. In some states, like Missouri, you are supposed to get a coggins each year. Especially if you plan on riding off property. Someone is always at the fence trying to feed them goodies and may not have a clue of what they're doing. Horses are inherently dangerous (they don't know they weigh 1000 lbs more/less.) Every body wants to ride them, have no idea what they are doing and get ruffled feathers when you tell them they can't. Then you have to feed them twice a day making sure they have a plentiful supply of fresh water or keep them on pasture and let them get grass belly. They have to be ridden at least once or twice a week. You can't leave the property for a vacation unless you can find someone that knows something about horses to take care of them while you're gone. Then you constantly worry that the horses won't screw up while you're gone. You will spend some of your time being a vet.(a lot to learn). Always worried about colic, binding up, foundering, worms and a hoste of other diseases including west nile. They have shots for horses to immune them from it and I worry more about them then myself and they don't have a shot for me. This is a brief of the fun of owning horses. And stupid me is looking for another one... wtf Oh...Almost forgot. They cost as much as a school age kid to support.

Dawgdad...You want to add anything to this? 16 horses? Where do you find the time... Very Happy

Last edited by Bushmaster on Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

#11: Re: What is a farrier ?? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:41 pm
    ----
Bushmaster,

Doesnt sound to bad, alot like any other animal. Very Happy

Dimitri

#12: Re: What is a farrier ?? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:03 pm
    ----
At least you can ride a horse. I did forget the cost of leasing a place to keep the horse if you don't have your own property to keep him on.

#13: Re: What is a farrier ?? Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:28 pm
    ----
Bushmaster, that sounded like quite the tirade about the horses. Somehow I suspect you left out the part about you're lovin every minute of it. I'm guessing you must or you wouldn't do it. LOL

#14: Re: What is a farrier ?? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:31 pm
    ----
Hey Tracker welcome to the forums! Howdy

Dimitri

#15: Re: What is a farrier ?? Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:53 pm
    ----
thanks

-> General