Cooper Passes
-> General

#1: Cooper Passes Author: SwampFoxLocation: Destin, Florida PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:01 pm
    ----
Just a note to let the guys know that Col. Jeff Cooper died yesterday afternoon.

Right, wrong or indifferent, we pistol shooters owe a debt to Jeff Cooper not only for what he did but also what he has been doing. The school he founded has been training our elite military units in close order drill for years.

May he have been in heaven 5 minutes before the Devil knew he was dead.
Ed

#2: Re: Cooper Passes Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:13 pm
    ----
Sad to hear. Sad

Dont know much about Jeff Cooper myself but any loss is a sad one as atleast one person lost someone they know and loved.

Hope all the best for his family and may he enjoy being among past loved ones. Smile

Dimitri

#3: Re: Cooper Passes Author: SwampFoxLocation: Destin, Florida PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:40 pm
    ----
For our foreign members: Just reading the quotes is worth the look.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._(colonel)

#4: Re: Cooper Passes Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:46 pm
    ----
Ah ok thanks I know who he is looking through that artical now Very Happy

I mainly have known about him as the "Father of the Scout rifle" though not the rest of the stuff as much Smile

Dimitri

#5: Re: Cooper Passes Author: GroovyJackLocation: Bama PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:38 pm
    ----
Yeah he had been a big influence for many years .. We owe him a lot .. Outspoken , and usually correct in his thinking ..
Another ded hero ..

-> General