What is the average distance you shoot when hunting?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Primitive Weapons Hunting

#16: Re: What is the average distance you shoot when hunting? Author: Flint54Location: North Carolina PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:43 am
    ----
Very Happy Add two more whitetails to my list, on 11/26/05 .50 cal Muzzleloader one at @ 50 yards and another at @ 20 yards. More to come!! Cool

#17: Re: What is the average distance you shoot when hunting? Author: droptine2004 PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:58 pm
    ----
What is the average distance id have to say about 10 yards im a bow hunter so i dont get long shots but i bought a muzzleloader this year and plan on taking a 150 yard shot been shooting my gun 30 times a day 3 days a week since i got it so i feel good about my shot when the time comes at a 150 yards i have about a inch and a half grouping so i feel pretty good

#18: Re: What is the average distance you shoot when hunting? Author: zbrowningmanLocation: Tieton Wa PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:05 pm
    ----
I've been blackpowder hunting for around 10 years or so, I tell anyone who wants to try this type of hunting to never try and shoot at game over 100- 125 yards.Unless you really know your rifle and are sure you can make a good clean kill. Even after 10 years of blackpowder hunting , I do know how my rifles shoot, I just don't push the limit beyond Those distances. I like to just make one good clean shot and usually do. Flag

#19: Re: What is the average distance you shoot when hunting? Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:14 pm
    ----
Welcome to the HuntingNut zbrownningman sit and stay awhile Very Happy
Joe

#20: Re: What is the average distance you shoot when hunting? Author: Flint54Location: North Carolina PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:37 am
    ----
Smile Welcome, sit down and join in. Glad to have you with us. Cool

#21: Re: What is the average distance you shoot when hunting? Author: POP!!Location: Cheyenne, Wy PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:16 pm
    ----
My records indicate kills from 50 yards to 778...not proud of that one. Embarassed Pure stupidity but well practiced shot and connected / killed elk with one shot from my 378 WBY.

#22: Re: What is the average distance you shoot when hunting? Author: DimitriLocation: Southern Ontario PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:35 pm
    ----
My avarage range on big game is 70 yards and I'm definatly not proud of that one Sad

As for small game its not that far. Slingshots are really limited in range for atleast me Smile

Dimitri

#23: Re: What is the average distance you shoot when hunting? Author: 515034s10ringLocation: Working my way back up and around PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:54 pm
    ----
Hey Dimitri....try this

Very Happy

#24: Re: What is the average distance you shoot when hunting? Author: DimitriLocation: Southern Ontario PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:59 pm
    ----
10Ring,

Thats alittle too much for me Very Happy

I perfer thouse cheap 10$ ones. Not as fancy but it gets the job done Shocked

Dimitri

#25: Re: What is the average distance you shoot when hunting? Author: 515034s10ringLocation: Working my way back up and around PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:15 pm
    ----
They actually "claim" 50 feet with that thing Shocked Sling shots

#26: Re: What is the average distance you shoot when hunting? Author: DimitriLocation: Southern Ontario PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
    ----
50 feet is only 15meters or 17ish yards its not too far.

I keep my sling shot shots to less then 10 meters though pass that I highly dobt the ability to make a "Clean kill" Smile

Dimitri

#27: Re: What is the average distance you shoot when hunting? Author: 515034s10ringLocation: Working my way back up and around PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:34 pm
    ----
My wrist rocket is the fixed extended fork (folding wrist lock) model from Marksman that i bought roughly 18 years ago. Now they have that adjustable junk thing that can't get no where near the velocity as mine Very Happy Laughing Wink . I would do 20 yard kills with that thing for rabbit dinners during the week Cool .

#28: Re: What is the average distance you shoot when hunting? Author: DimitriLocation: Southern Ontario PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:39 pm
    ----
10Ring,

See with a 20 year old sling shot you do better then all that non-sense equipment "hi-tech" stuff Razz

Dimitri

#29: Re: What is the average distance you shoot when hunting? Author: 515034s10ringLocation: Working my way back up and around PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:51 pm
    ----
Yup, in this very case for sure! Very Happy

#30: Re: What is the average distance you shoot when hunting? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:10 pm
    ----
My slingshot is a forked stick, innertube and a piece of leather...The one you pictured is soooo redicules... Very Happy

Last edited by Bushmaster on Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

-> Primitive Weapons Hunting