8/20/06 TrailCam, Got some BIG bulls!
-> Photography / TrailCameras

#1: 8/20/06 TrailCam, Got some BIG bulls! Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:21 pm
    ----
Oh baby, this is why trailcams are so much fun!!! Below each pict is a link to the fullsized image... they are worth viewing if you have a faster connection as they look just amazing at 1600x1200. Some of the pictures appear blurry... this is because previously a stupid elk licked the camera and the lense is taking pictures through slobber!

Elk rutt is getting near, the big bulls are showing up with the cows now!

Camera: Bushnell 11-9200:

Entire album viewable at : www.trophychaser.com/c...um=78.html

Spike Elk with deformed antler

High Res: www.trophychaser.com/m...np0003.jpg

Beautiful picture of some cows

High Res www.trophychaser.com/m...np0022.jpg

Closeup of a spike elk

High Res www.trophychaser.com/m...35%7E0.jpg

Washed out pict of a big bull.

High Res www.trophychaser.com/m...56%7E0.jpg

Washed out pict of a raghorn

High Res www.trophychaser.com/m...np0058.jpg

Spike and raghorn

High Res www.trophychaser.com/m...np0059.jpg

Well hello there Daddy!

High Res www.trophychaser.com/m...np0122.jpg

High Res www.trophychaser.com/m...np0123.jpg

High Res:
www.trophychaser.com/m...np0124.jpg

High Res www.trophychaser.com/m...np0125.jpg

High Res www.trophychaser.com/m...np0126.jpg

High res www.trophychaser.com/m...np0134.jpg

Doe deer and fawns, big bull elk in background

High Res: www.trophychaser.com/m...np0138.jpg

Really great pictures!

I will be trying to silicone a piece of PVC pipe over the camera lense hole to protect it from elk slobber, will let people know how it goes.

-DallanC

#2: Re: 8/20/06 TrailCam, Got some BIG bulls! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:46 pm
    ----
Looks great Dallan, love to be there looking through the sights.

The idea of the PVC pipe is good, but maybe it would need to be clear PVC th avoid a tunnel vision effect. Another idea might be to use the same stuff that horse owners use (its a paste) to stop horses from chewing the timbers in their stable.

Cheers, Vince

#3: Re: 8/20/06 TrailCam, Got some BIG bulls! Author: guncollectorLocation: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:36 pm
    ----
I am so jealous! I entered the Elk draw in New Mexico but didn't get picked. Maybe next year.

When is it you will be sitting there with your bow?

Are they bugling yet?

#4: Re: 8/20/06 TrailCam, Got some BIG bulls! Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:31 pm
    ----
guncollector wrote:
I am so jealous! I entered the Elk draw in New Mexico but didn't get picked. Maybe next year.

When is it you will be sitting there with your bow?

Are they bugling yet?

The area is OTC spike / cow archery tags, if you want the trophy bull you need to draw the anybull tag (impossible in Utah now). The hunt starts thursday and I'm headed down thursday evening and will hunt then, friday & sat... maybe sunday too, gotta see what the wife says.

My blind sits about 12 feet behind this camera.... if the elk havent torn it down again anyway.

-DallanC

#5: Re: 8/20/06 TrailCam, Got some BIG bulls! Author: guncollectorLocation: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:31 am
    ----
Looking forward to next week's pictures! Hope they include one of those "hero" shots.

Good luck!

-> Photography / TrailCameras