reloading 12 gage blanks for dog training - info needed
-> Reloading Ammunition

#1: reloading 12 gage blanks for dog training - info needed Author: dottie PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:17 am
    ----
does any one know how to reload 12 gage shotgun cases as blanks (mild) for gun dog training. I would prefer not to use black powder.

#2: Re: reloading 12 gage blanks for dog training - info needed Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:27 pm
    ----
For training you could start with just a primer in an empty case. it is loud enough to begin with and this will give me a chance to get back to my books when I get back into town on sunday.

#3: Re: reloading 12 gage blanks for dog training - info needed Author: popgunLocation: Mitchell, GA, U.S.A. (2007 pop. 191) PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:40 pm
    ----
I think it is Winchester that makes 'Popper Rounds'. Good and loud Use caution with them because they are filled with sawdust that will penetrate the skin, the closer the worse the wound. I still have some of that sawdust under my skin from SWAT training. We learned the hard way about sawdust penetration. Keep the rounds aimed in the air and you will be ok.

#4: Re: reloading 12 gage blanks for dog training - info needed Author: GSPKurtLocation: Trenton, Florida PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:49 am
    ----
Howdy If you have a shotshell reloader, you can load your own, using Cream-of-Wheat instead of shot. Use low powder charge.

-> Reloading Ammunition