best binoculars
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> General

#16: Re: best binoculars Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:13 pm
    ----
Some how we got tangled up in the arguement of whether we should use our scope attached to our rifle to scope out an area or buy a pair of binoculars. The price of binouclars range from under $100 to what ever you want to spend and that is governed by your ego as much as anything else. I looked up my recept for my Beck's 12 X 25's and found that I spent $100 for them. With quality binoculars that can be purchased for so little and the UNSAFE method of using a scoped rifle to glass an area is rather stupid. I'm cheap (Scotch ancestry), but I will use binoculars to glass an area. I have looked through the $1000 binoculars and I don't see that $1000. I do see my $100 though. And they work.

#17: Re: best binoculars Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:43 pm
    ----
I use 10X42 Bausch&Lomb low price and work good for me. can't afford to loose a set of Swarovski. Using a scope to look for game, reminds me of a guy I used to hunt with. He thought it was OK to spot with his rifle. He never did get what the problem I had with doing this! My Dad taught us at a young age NEVER to use your scope for spotting anything. A lot of people still do this...Scary

Glock

#18: Re: best binoculars Author: george20042007Location: Arizona PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:12 pm
    ----
It appears that 10x42s are the most popular for the hunter.
Keep it coming...

#19: Re: best binoculars Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:45 pm
    ----
And the number one reason to buy cheaper bino's then 1000$ units:

You start making a checklist of everything in your hunting pack you havnt opened since last deer season to get ready for turkey season just to see you've lost them! Embarassed

They have now been replaced with a 10x25 pair from Bass Pro for 12$ or so. Very Happy

Dimitri

#20: Re: best binoculars Author: rrogackiLocation: Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:09 pm
    ----
I use an old pair of Tasco binocs that work real well. I know they have cheap glass, but they work fine and if I break them I won't have my day ruined.

Live Long And Shoot Well

#21: Re: best binoculars Author: roklokLocation: Fairbanks, Alaska PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:12 pm
    ----
I view this subject similar to PaulS,I spent a lot of money,more than I spent on most of my rifles on my Kahles binos.While I am not going to be so bold as to say I will never lose them,I think thats a long shot. I take care of them the same as a rifle,and I have never lost one of them yet.When I am not using my binoculars they reside in my gun safe. 750 bucks is a lot of money and I am going to do my best to ensure that its a lifetime investment.As far as the cheaper glass,they are fine for occasional use,start spending hours glassing and the quality starts to make a difference.

#22: Re: best binoculars Author: squirrelbaitLocation: Nottingham, NH PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:23 am
    ----
I have always carried binocs. and always will........well maybe some day.
I've had the cheap $49 versions and now carry a pair of Cannon 8X40s. I little heavier but well worth it if you spend any time using them.

#23: Re: best binoculars Author: longwalkerLocation: Bethel, AK PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:33 am
    ----
lOOK UP elcan.com

They have a prodcut called the digital hunter. Pretty cool stuff digital reticals range finder camera and video all in one device. It will even snap the picture as you pull the trigger! I didn't inquire about price. I suspect this is existing military technology now avaiable for civilian use.

longwalker

#24: Re: best binoculars Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:39 pm
    ----
longwalker wrote:
lOOK UP elcan.com

They have a prodcut called the digital hunter. Pretty cool stuff digital reticals range finder camera and video all in one device. It will even snap the picture as you pull the trigger! I didn't inquire about price. I suspect this is existing military technology now avaiable for civilian use.longwalker

This is one awesome looking scope longwalker. Bit on the heavy side though at 26 ozs, and the battery power usage is also a bit high. You would need to carry a couple of sets of fully charged batteries with you when out for a day or more.

Here is a link to Elcan:

Digital Hunter Rifle Scope

Couldn't find any reference to price, although as they say...."If you have to ask, you can't afford it". Shocked

Cheers, Vince

#25: Re: best binoculars Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:39 am
    ----
Actually that Elcan Digital Hunter doesn't cost a arm and a leg. Just a arm will do Very Happy

www.grafs.com/product/18193

Price: $1499.99

Dimitri

-> General