Reorganized a few things on the website
-> General

#1: Reorganized a few things on the website Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:39 pm
    ----
I've done a couple modifications to the website, mostly layout, a few changes due to unused things (like the polling system on the front page), some boredom with the existing layout etc etc.

Also I reordered the forums a little bit. While there have been no complaints, I have felt lately we are loosing our focus towards Ballistics, hunting, shooting and reloading. I've pushed those forums up in the forum list and some of the other less important forums down in their place.

We have some terrific people here who make terrific, interesting and informative posts and I'd like people to see them more easily being at the top of the forum than trying to dig down in some obscure forum towards the end of the list.

Smile

-DallanC

#2: Re: Reorganized a few things on the website Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:51 pm
    ----
AAAAHHHHHhh, wtf and I had just got to know where everything was....knew exactly where to go to find everything. Confused

Its a bit like the local supermarket. Just when everyone gets used to where things are they reshuffle it all so you have to search through everything to find what you are looking for....ensures you view everything.

Oh well, I must admit what Dallan said makes sense. The focus should be on hunting, firearms and reloading/ballistics, it is afterall a hunting site. Very Happy
I know I am guilty of going "off topic" a bit. Sad Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#3: Re: Reorganized a few things on the website Author: Coyote_Hunter_Location: Franktown, CO PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:11 am
    ----
I like the new layout. Less scrolling down to get where I want.

#4: Re: Reorganized a few things on the website Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:18 pm
    ----
Good job! I like the rework and can navigate more easily. I have noticed the icon that means some threads are locked when in fact they are accessible. What is that all about? Thanks. All the best...
Gil

#5: Re: Reorganized a few things on the website Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:20 pm
    ----
Gil Martin wrote:
Good job! I like the rework and can navigate more easily. I have noticed the icon that means some threads are locked when in fact they are accessible. What is that all about? Thanks. All the best...
Gil

I dont see any examples of that right off. Can you post a thread link where you see this happening?

-DallanC

#6: Re: Reorganized a few things on the website Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:37 am
    ----
Dallan,
The board looks fine now and all of the odd "locked" icons are gone. All the best...
Gil

#7: Re: Reorganized a few things on the website Author: ogreLocation: Melbourne PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:25 am
    ----
I just have a link to the new posts search and go from there- soory i haven't noticed any changes.

later
P

#8: Re: Reorganized a few things on the website Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:09 am
    ----
ogre wrote:
I just have a link to the new posts search and go from there- soory i haven't noticed any changes.

later
P
G'Day Ogre, its just been a reshuffle of the order of the Forums in the Community Forums page. Just enough to confuse silly buggers like me. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#9: Re: Reorganized a few things on the website Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:10 pm
    ----
Looks OK by me DallanC. Smile

#10: Re: Reorganized a few things on the website Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:14 pm
    ----
DallanC wrote:
I've done a couple modifications to the website, mostly layout, a few changes due to unused things (like the polling system on the front page), some boredom with the existing layout etc etc.

Also I reordered the forums a little bit. While there have been no complaints, I have felt lately we are loosing our focus towards Ballistics, hunting, shooting and reloading. I've pushed those forums up in the forum list and some of the other less important forums down in their place.

We have some terrific people here who make terrific, interesting and informative posts and I'd like people to see them more easily being at the top of the forum than trying to dig down in some obscure forum towards the end of the list.

Smile

-DallanC

G'Day Dallan. This may seem like a frivolous request, however. When inserting a link into a post the link comes up in a dark green colour once posted. I don't know about others, but I find this difficult to distinguish from the other print and miss it as a link.

Is it worthwhile, or too difficult, to change the default colour of a posted link to make it more obvious, or is it just easier for us to select a colour when posting?

Sorry if I sound like a belly-acher but my eyes ain't what they used to be.

Cheers, Vince

#11: Re: Reorganized a few things on the website Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:11 pm
    ----
I've Noticed that... lemme see if I can adjust it better.

-DallanC

#12: Re: Reorganized a few things on the website Author: Flint54Location: North Carolina PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:50 pm
    ----
Cool Looks good, I like the new layout of the subjects. Thanks for Great Web Service Dallan, You gotta Love what you're doing and I for one am very gratefull!! Thanks Again. Very Happy Cool

-> General