Freedom Arms, Worth It?
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#16: Re: Freedom Arms, Worth It? Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:35 am
    ----
Still! they dont need to charge such a rediculouse price for them. I dont need pin point precision to kill a 300lbs white tail 40 yds away! and I dont shoot more than 200yds with any of my hand guns.
Gas has gotten so high priced, that I cant afford to by a new gun till all my kids graduate college! Sad Till then I'll stick to used Rugers.

#17: Re: Freedom Arms, Worth It? Author: george20042007Location: Arizona PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:04 pm
    ----
Handloader, like you, I'm curious to see if the S&W 460 becomes a fact instead of a fad. Time will tell.

Since my purchase, I've already put more than 2000 rounds through it. I really enjoy shooting it. The last 800 have been 300 grn Hornady XTP/MAGs. I haven't noticed any change in performance outside of a bit more recoil. I don't know how much longer before I may have to rebarrel, but, no sign as of now.
Keep it coming...

#18: Re: Freedom Arms, Worth It? Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:27 am
    ----
I think they need to work on the barrels longevity, We have lost a few sales because folks dont want to rebarrel after 2000 rounds.

#19: Re: Freedom Arms, Worth It? Author: george20042007Location: Arizona PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:33 am
    ----
I think today manufacturers consider "planned obsolescence". It's what they count on to stay in business. What would it be like if they actually built something to last forever?
Keep it coming...

#20: Re: Freedom Arms, Worth It? Author: SpacedoneLocation: missouri PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:15 am
    ----
they did build guns to last forever. i own several.

a 1916 reworked in 1920 K98 8mm mauser.

2 1942 longbranch enfields 303 british.

a 1942 no 1 mk3 enfield sported to copy a no 5

and a 1917 eddystone 30 06.

the k98 was a bringback from WW2 by my uncle.

the enfields were bought one 39 years ago for 15 dollars at sears and the other i bought 2 years ago for 170 dollars and a 1942 enfield in full mil configuration i just bought for 130 dollars.

the eddystone i just bought cut to a 23 inch barrel scoped in a custom fagan walnut stock for 190 dollars.

3 of the guns were made 63 years ago and the eddystone was made 88 years ago and still shoots 1 inch groups.

#21: Re: Freedom Arms, Worth It? Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:09 pm
    ----
Then Why does the 460 S&W need a rebarrel after just a few thousand rounds? They cant be makeing that much from rebarreling, I only charge 275.00 to rebarrel a rifle, and dont get that much work as far as rebarreling goes.

#22: Re: Freedom Arms, Worth It? Author: george20042007Location: Arizona PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:21 am
    ----
I believe older guns don't get shot much. We are cautioned not to use modern ammo in older guns. Older guns are collected a lot but not shot due to poor metallurgy problems unlike modern guns. I do believe in cooling the barrel if a lot of shooting is going on, especially in older guns. I honestly don't know how many rounds can be fired before rebarreling is required. I've never rebarreled a gun and some by what I read here should have required it by now with all the shooting I do.
Keep it coming...

#23: Re: Freedom Arms, Worth It? Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:02 pm
    ----
I recently got a Magnum Research BFR in 50AE w/ 7.5" barrel, In my oppinion this revolver is just as well built as the Freedom arms guns and alot less money.

#24: Re: Freedom Arms, Worth It? Author: george20042007Location: Arizona PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:49 pm
    ----
Crackshot wrote:
I recently got a Magnum Research BFR in 50AE w/ 7.5" barrel, In my oppinion this revolver is just as well built as the Freedom arms guns and alot less money.

I've heard nothing but good things about Magnum Research. Have fun, it's a good product. Smile
Keep it coming...

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions