No more advertisements
-> General

#1: No more advertisements Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:20 pm
    ----
My advertiser changed how they handle things and we've parted ways. I've spent the past couple days ripping out their advertisement logic... I think I've got the last of it done.

The site loads way faster now. And it actually completes loading now on the main page vs waiting for a timeout (I tried for ages to try and figure out why that was happening and never could... but now I know it was their script failing).

Anywho, enjoy a faster website Smile

-DallanC

#2: Re: No more advertisements Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:49 pm
    ----
That is great Dallan.
Thanks for the hard work and finance you put in the forum.

#3: Re: No more advertisements Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:19 am
    ----
thanks Boss....you do a hell of a lot for us and it is appreciated.

#4: Re: No more advertisements Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:40 pm
    ----
Instant loading...outstanding. You done good Dallan. Thanks mate.

#5: Re: No more advertisements Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:38 pm
    ----
I put some $ in the pot before this came about. Glad I did as Dallan shouldn't be carrying the load.

#6: Re: No more advertisements Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:49 pm
    ----
Dallan,
Well done! I like a story with a happy ending. All the best...
Gill

#7: Re: No more advertisements Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:02 am
    ----
Dallan, I am up in the boonies of New Hampshire. every once in a while I will get one bar. HuntingNut is the only website that is working. Thanks for the changes you made.

#8: Re: No more advertisements Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:53 am
    ----
What's a Texas boy doin' way up there?

#9: Re: No more advertisements Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:15 pm
    ----
Rendezvousing with our daughter from Boston and following all the COVID rules for each state we drove through. they're closed down more up here including their rest stops.

#10: Re: No more advertisements Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:45 am
    ----
Be careful, but enjoy.

#11: Re: No more advertisements Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:42 am
    ----
Back home. Trip went well. I never have seen so many passenger vehicles broken-down on the side of the highway. They were ever where.

#12: Re: No more advertisements Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:28 pm
    ----
Their cars probably caught the kung flu! Smile

#13: Re: No more advertisements Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:41 pm
    ----
That was a good one, PaulS! thanks for the chuckle.

#14: Re: No more advertisements Author: dust54Location: Gurley, AL PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:56 pm
    ----
Thanks Dallan!

-> General