Re-tired
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: Re-tired Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 6:08 pm
    ----
Well folks, I've done it. I pulled the trigger (pun intended) on retirement. June 1st is my first free day. Maybe I'll go to the range...

#2: Re: Re-tired Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 7:15 pm
    ----
Good for you mate - you'll not regret it.
I did the same a couple of years ago aged 60 & the minor drop in income is more than compensated for by having my time as my own.

#3: Re: Re-tired Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:15 am
    ----
Time as your own eh.
Methinks you may be single.
Pumpkin, do a time management course, so you can fit in all the honey do jobs and whatever the kids get you doing.
Enjoy

#4: Re: Re-tired Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:37 am
    ----
Congrats Mike.

The time maybe your own, but it isn't.

I was 58 when I retired, 8 months after my wife died, and I'm busier now than when I worked. I was a civilian heavy equipment mechanic for the Military and that, my friends is a young mans game.

When I remarried I became busier because I got 2 grandsons.

#5: Re: Re-tired Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:41 am
    ----
I retired in 2006. Good luck...I work harder now then I did when I was employed.

#6: Re: Re-tired Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:15 pm
    ----
The guys above have said it all Punkin. Enjoy your retirement while you can mate...with the “honey do” lists and home maintenance jobs that seem to crop up regularly, you will find yourself busier now than ever.

#7: Re: Re-tired Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:08 pm
    ----
When someone asks if you are busy just tell them that is your range day. If they are bright they will learn that everyday is range day and they will only ask to join you.

#8: Re: Re-tired Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:10 pm
    ----
Range day...Yup...Every day is Saturday.

#9: Re: Re-tired Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:52 pm
    ----
A friend from work said that, since he retired, he has 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday each week.

Yep, there are some home improvement projects in the plans. I think I'll coast this week and then get started on those.

#10: Re: Re-tired Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:19 pm
    ----
Good on you Mike
I hope you get to do what you have always wanted now.
I have "retired" 3 years ago and getting busier than ever Rolling Eyes

#11: Re: Re-tired Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:16 am
    ----
I just want to add 1 question: do you already have grandchildren?
They bring much more fun than your own children and remember: when they start ennoying you, it's time to go home...

#12: Re: Re-tired Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:16 pm
    ----
I've got one sorta grandkid (daughter's boyfriend's 8 yr old daughter). I could stand more.

#13: Re: Re-tired Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:36 am
    ----
I have 3 grandsons who take plenty of my time and breath, but they are the prettiest and smartest in the world Smile the youngest 2 and the oldest 6 years old… they do make life beautiful...

#14: Re: Re-tired Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:08 am
    ----
I lost count, but the youngest is 2 and the oldest is 26. I've started counting great grand children...4.

#15: Re: Re-tired Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:16 am
    ----
Mine are 2 boys, 12 (soon to be 13) and 9 (soon to be 10). Good kids too.

-> Spam-O-Rama