What powder manufacturer do you use and why?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#31: Re: What powder manufacturer do you use and why? Author: ryalredLocation: SE Oklahoma PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:52 pm
    ----
Hodgdon

#32: Re: What powder manufacturer do you use and why? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:03 pm
    ----
ryalred,

Welcome to the forums. Howdy

Dimitri

#33: Re: What powder manufacturer do you use and why? Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:30 pm
    ----
Welcome to the HuntingNut ryalred I like Hodgdons my self.
Joe

#34: Re: What powder manufacturer do you use and why? Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:36 pm
    ----
Lots of Hodgdon but others also. Hodgdon was very helpful answering questions for me some time back so I've leaned toward their products ever since.

#35: Re: What powder manufacturer do you use and why? Author: dust54Location: Gurley, AL PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:44 am
    ----
I use Hodgdon, Unique (because it was given to me) and Alliant. I use mostly Hodgdon. My dad gave a load book signed by Bruce Hodgdon.

#36: Re: What powder manufacturer do you use and why? Author: wncchester PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:37 am
    ----
I only use powders from IMR, Hercules/Alliant, Winchester, Hodgdon, and Norma. As was said above, whatever works to get me where I want to go.

#37: Re: What powder manufacturer do you use and why? Author: skb2706 PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:46 pm
    ----
These days it comes down to 'whats available' as opposed to what I like. I probably use more Alliant and IMR than anything else but I use every brand except VV.

#38: Re: What powder manufacturer do you use and why? Author: aznative PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:14 pm
    ----
If I lived in the land of OZ, I would stick to ADI too. I use only Winchester in pistol. In my rifles, I mainly use Hodgdon, but I also use Winchester and AA2520. I too am trying to streamline my powders. On ADI's powder comparison chart, they list Varget, IMR4064, and 2520 as equivilant. I love varget and have had less perssure signs at max loads than with 4064. 2520 is one of my favorite ball powders.

#39: Re: What powder manufacturer do you use and why? Author: phill21Location: Western Australia PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:22 pm
    ----
Still working my way through what works for me but i use ADI and winchester

phil

#40: Re: What powder manufacturer do you use and why? Author: MoraxLocation: Pittsburgh Pa PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:26 pm
    ----
not to hijack the thread from ya paul but i have a question for you, do you find hodgdon to be a sooty powder? I use it myself and not had any complaints whatso ever with it, but some folks say they have had a rough time of it all

#41: Re: What powder manufacturer do you use and why? Author: Code4Location: NW New South Wales Australia PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:53 pm
    ----
I use ADI and Reloader if that doesn't work. There is not much to choose from down under.

#42: Re: What powder manufacturer do you use and why? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:29 pm
    ----
Code4 wrote:
I use ADI and Reloader if that doesn't work. There is not much to choose from down under.

Gidday Code4. Welcome to the best kept secret on the net mate...HuntingNut. Grab a beer and pull up a stump...you will enjoy it here, a great bunch of guys.

Where abouts are you in Oz mate? I use ADI exclusively these days, well until the Spanish powder (PSB 1) I use in my shotgun runs out. You should be able to get other powders fairly easily mate...even if by mail order.

Cheers, Vince

#43: Re: What powder manufacturer do you use and why? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:16 am
    ----
Yup... I knew it...Vince and gelandangan ARE recruiting... Very Happy

As Vince said Code4...Enjoy the beer, hope the stump isn't too hard on your back parts and welcome to this fine site.

#44: Re: What powder manufacturer do you use and why? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:32 am
    ----
Haha Haha Haha

It's a passive invasion Bushy....the aussies are movin' in quietly and unobtrusively. Laughing Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#45: Re: What powder manufacturer do you use and why? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:33 pm
    ----
used to use win760 now adi2206 just cause Im lazy and can use it in .223 .270 and 7.62x39

-> Reloading Ammunition