Unit Converter
-> Bug Reports / Feature Requests

#1: Unit Converter Author: ktm525Location: Australia PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 4:12 am
    ----
Good evening all,
Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the Unit converter doing weird things in some fields when you type in a number or if it's me doing something wrong.
Thanks very much

#2: Re: Unit Converter Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 9:09 am
    ----
ktm525 wrote:
Good evening all,
Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the Unit converter doing weird things in some fields when you type in a number or if it's me doing something wrong.
Thanks very much

Do you have a reproducible example? This is very old functionality and I've not had any reports of issues... I'll fully admit there could still be something incorrect however.

What country are you in? There are differences in decimal markers... ie: USA 1234.5678 vs EU 1234,5678

-DallanC

#3: Re: Unit Converter Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:57 pm
    ----
Mr. Dallan, we even sometimes do 1.234,5678 to make it more clear Smile

#4: Re: Unit Converter Author: ktm525Location: Australia PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 6:15 am
    ----
Hey DallanC, I don't know how to show you sorry, I'm not very clever with computers but to explain further;
When I type 1 into the Yards box, 9.000000 appears and other random numbers appear if I type in different distances but some of the other fields convert correctly to the number I actually type but not all. Hope that makes sense.
Also I'm in Australia and this happens with whole numbers so I don't think it is a decimal marker issue.
Thank you very much for everything.

#5: Re: Unit Converter Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:05 am
    ----
I will try to get some time later today to look at this. Thanks for reporting the issue!

-DallanC

-> Bug Reports / Feature Requests