Hip Replacement
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Hip Replacement Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:44 pm
    ----
Well on Tuesday (18th) I had my right hip replaced, I finally got fed up with the over 5 years of pain.

Was kicked out on the 19th after having passed 300mls of urine and goig up and down 3 stairs. Full weight on hip.

I'm feeling very good but do tire easily but not like Wednesday.

There are 26 staples in the leg which will be removed on the 5,6,or7th March.

#2: Re: Hip Replacement Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:48 pm
    ----
Take it slow and allow it all to get to know each other. You don't want the new parts fighting with the old parts. Thoughts and prayers for your rapid recovery.

#3: Re: Hip Replacement Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:59 pm
    ----
As Paul said mate...take it easy and let it settle in...and don’t forget to do your exercises. The good thing is they now have hip replacements down to a fine art...much more so than knees.

Prayers for a swift and complete recovery mate.

#4: Re: Hip Replacement Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:10 pm
    ----
resized

#5: Re: Hip Replacement Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:47 pm
    ----
Edit it out of your first post matey, then the thread wont disappear off to the east.

#6: Re: Hip Replacement Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:44 am
    ----
ouch....take care and listen to docs advice.....you be back out on hill in no time.

#7: Re: Hip Replacement Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:09 am
    ----
Thanks guys. Exercises are 3 x per day. n Start at 10 reps, was doing 13 yesterday but over did it, so back to 12.

I feel well and the leg gets achy but all in all, it's great.

#8: Re: Hip Replacement Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:03 pm
    ----
Aah, that'll buff out.
Seems weve all gotten to an age where physical prowess is a dim memory but the competitive spirit stil lives.
I bring to you the HUNTING NUTS body replacement competition starring Vince as the bionic women and Pete as (insert name here).
As someone once said "We have the technology, we can rebuild him"
Next on the list
My implant is more expensive than yours.
Heal well Pete, do what those evil bitches the physios say, not that they give you a choice.
Cheers

#9: Re: Hip Replacement Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:46 pm
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
Aah, that'll buff out.
Seems weve all gotten to an age where physical prowess is a dim memory but the competitive spirit stil lives.
I bring to you the HUNTING NUTS body replacement competition starring Vince as the bionic women and Pete as (insert name here).
Next on the list
Heal well Pete, do what those evil bitches the physios say, not that they give you a choice.
Cheers

Haha Haha Haha Haha

#10: Re: Hip Replacement Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:15 pm
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
Aah, that'll buff out.
Next on the list
Cheers

Too bloody funny mate. Maybe some truth though.

I am doing my exercises but physio starts in 3 weeks.

#11: Re: Hip Replacement Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:39 am
    ----
Glad you are doing well mate. but have to ask .....

What is the metal rod in the picture? it looks like a ball joint and rod .... is that what is inside the scar/opening?

#12: Re: Hip Replacement Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:45 am
    ----
That's the locking handle on the walk in tub. Or it's the hip joint! ROFL ROFL

Cheers Cheers

#13: Re: Hip Replacement Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:28 am
    ----
Its for shifting gears

#14: Re: Hip Replacement Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:34 am
    ----
Tremblay wrote:
Its for shifting gears
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL Wave

#15: Re: Hip Replacement Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:28 pm
    ----
How’s your new bionic hip going now Pete...have they taken that step ladder on your hip out...you ready to run a marathon yet mate?

-> General