A bit warm
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: A bit warm Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:57 pm
    ----
at Gelandangan HQ today

#2: Re: A bit warm Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:46 am
    ----
I hope it's because that thermometer is in direct sunlight and not shaded properly that it got so high. If it is that hot in the shade you need to go to the nearest air conditioned building and stay there.

#3: Re: A bit warm Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:17 pm
    ----
There were a number of areas in Sydney that were that hot yesterday (4 January) mate.

I don’t know why we are suffering this heatwave across Australia, but it has just about burnt our country to the ground. At the same time the US is struggling through incredible cold.

“While Australia battles record-smashing heat, interminable drought and deadly bushfires, the United States is in the grip of a polar vortex, with temperatures plunging to their lowest in history.
After Adelaide’s mercury soared to an unprecedented 46.6C last week, toppling a heat record from 1939, 12 people have died in freezing temperatures and heavy snow across America’s Midwest.
Authorities warned of the danger of “instant frostbite”.
Schools, offices and colleges were closed across the region with temperatures on Lake Michigan plunging to an icy -29C on Wednesday local time.
Chicago was colder than Antarctica, Alaska and the North Pole on Wednesday, and set to break its -32C record from 1985 early on Thursday.
Wind chill in northern Illinois could fall to a -48C, which the US National Weather Service called potentially “life threatening”, advising people not to drive or even leave their homes unless necessary.
Weather Prediction Center meteorologist Brian Hurley said Minnesota temperatures could hit -34C with a wind chill of -51C. “You’re talking about frostbite and hypothermia issues very quickly, like in a matter of minutes, maybe seconds,” he said.”
Tale of two hemispheres: World watching Australia’s record heat

#4: Re: A bit warm Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:24 pm
    ----
That thermometer reading is an actual reading in the SHADED area in the middle of my workshop.
I have a tin roof and the fact is there is almost no wind to move the hot air.
A few meters away is my office that is fully insulated and airconditioned, and yet it is about 38C inside.
Yeah we have got the short straw this year in Oz.
Sydney was recorded as the hottest place on earth last Saturday.

-> Spam-O-Rama