Is this good news for our mates Down-Under?
-> General

#1: Is this good news for our mates Down-Under? Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:02 pm
    ----
www.npr.org/2019/05/18...on-victory

#2: Re: Is this good news for our mates Down-Under? Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:15 am
    ----
I was just reading about it here: www.reuters.com/articl...me=topNews I think they just voted in their very own Donald Trump! In this case MAGA stands for Make Australia Great Again!

#3: Re: Is this good news for our mates Down-Under? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:45 pm
    ----
Good news Scratch ...yet to be seen...but the winner is certainly the lesser of two evils by a country mile.

What I’m looking forward to is the Leader of the Opposition Party (before the election as he has now stepped down) being charged with, and answering, a charge of Rape on a 16 year old girl that has been long outstanding. Mad Mad burr With some luck he will be found guilty and sent to jail. Very Happy

#4: Re: Is this good news for our mates Down-Under? Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:57 pm
    ----
What Vince said.
Them are all villains anyway so lesser of the two evil is preferable.

#5: Re: Is this good news for our mates Down-Under? Author: pete4dLocation: Dixie , Alabama , & Louisiana PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:25 pm
    ----
Mates ,,, remember we're standing with ya.

" lesser of the two evil is preferable." We've had to vote that way a few times over the last few elections ,,,

We finally got one that put our country first.

#6: Re: Is this good news for our mates Down-Under? Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:26 am
    ----
pete4d wrote:
Mates ,,, remember we're standing with ya.

" lesser of the two evil is preferable." We've had to vote that way a few times over the last few elections ,,,

We finally got one that put our country first.

and he has admirers and folowers all over the world, same for you who voted him on!

Strange that most negative comments on him come from politicians... and they are supposed to stand close to the people.

May 26th we have elections... 1 for Flanders, 1 for Belgium and 1 for Europe. And the strange thing is that they seem to be afraid aswell from extreme left as from extreme right... we have here in Belgium the best example of democraty: a "cordon sanitaire" around extreme right. And they are already talking about the same cordon around extreme left... they never seem to worry about the people voting this way and why they do so.

#7: Re: Is this good news for our mates Down-Under? Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:04 pm
    ----
Let us hope so. Power to the people because there is only one poll that really counts. Firearms have only two enemies: rust and politicians. All the best...
Gil

#8: Re: Is this good news for our mates Down-Under? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:26 pm
    ----
Aloys wrote:
...May 26th we have elections... 1 for Flanders, 1 for Belgium and 1 for Europe. And the strange thing is that they seem to be afraid aswell from extreme left as from extreme right... we have here in Belgium the best example of democraty: a "cordon sanitaire" around extreme right. And they are already talking about the same cordon around extreme left... they never seem to worry about the people voting this way and why they do so.

Good luck with your elections mate...I think more than anyone, you guys need the right Government to try an recover your country.

-> General