Vince
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> General

#16: Re: Vince Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:00 pm
    ----
Having a grease nipple fitted...what a damn fine idea...that should solve a few problems.

Received a phone call from my surgeon last night...I have to go back into hospital tomorrow for an overnight stay so the surgeon can do a “manipulation under anaesthetic” on my knee to hopefully sort out the remaining lack of flexibility. Fingers crossed all goes as hoped.

#17: Re: Vince Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:41 pm
    ----
You have my prayers!

#18: Re: Vince Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:05 pm
    ----
mine too Mate.

#19: Re: Vince Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:57 am
    ----
Ask him to add some tefflon-grease...

#20: Re: Vince Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:53 pm
    ----
Thanks guys...I’m really hoping this will solve the problem of everything being so tight and it allows me to start doing things. I spent about half an hour, sitting down, varnishing some babies cot panels yesterday, and I could barely move my knee last night it was so tight.

Aloysius wrote:
Ask him to add some tefflon-grease...

Teflon and molybdenum disulphide...now that would be the go mate...plenty slippy and self restoring. WOO HOO Very Happy Laughing Laughing

#21: Re: Vince Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:19 am
    ----
Well, it’s yet to be confirmed totally, but my knee feels much better after the manipulation. I’m sitting in bed in the hospital with this torture machine that takes my leg from being straight out to about a 100 degree bend in the knee...back and forth for two hours, every two hours, all night. Most importantly things feel good.

#22: Re: Vince Author: Like.358sLocation: Texas PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:43 pm
    ----
Sounds like you're on the road to recovery. Good Luck with it. Thinking good thoughts and wishing the best.

#23: Re: Vince Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:48 pm
    ----
Interesting how the body responds to trauma. One shudders to think of the definition of "manipulation " that requires the recipient to be anesthetized. Sounds like they are breaking up adhesions and stretching scar tissue.
Hope it works.

#24: Re: Vince Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:57 pm
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
Interesting how the body responds to trauma. One shudders to think of the definition of "manipulation " that requires the recipient to be anesthetized. Sounds like they are breaking up adhesions and stretching scar tissue.
Hope it works.

I’d say that is correct Pete. The Dr dropped by this morning and said they “identified some tightness” when doing the manipulation and they “overcame it” so I’m glad it was done under anaesthetic.

Things feel better this morning so, fingers crossed, things will be right now.

#25: Re: Vince Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:09 pm
    ----
So no need to go with the old paperclip story, bend it enough and it..........

#26: Re: Vince Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:41 am
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
So no need to go with the old paperclip story, bend it enough and it..........

Haha Haha Haha

#27: Re: Vince Author: pete4dLocation: Dixie , Alabama , & Louisiana PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:23 am
    ----
Good to hear you're doing better

#28: Re: Vince Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:27 pm
    ----
pete4d wrote:
Good to hear you're doing better

Thanks mate. It’s a slow process, but this last effort by the surgeon has done plenty of good. I’m walking reasonably well now and each day sees a reduction in the discomfort.

I still wouldn’t have another knee replacement though...bugger that for a joke.

#29: Re: Vince Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:21 pm
    ----
Vince, I hope you're up and running soon. There is hunting and shooting to be done!

#30: Re: Vince Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:14 am
    ----
Pumpkinslinger wrote:
Vince, I hope you're up and running soon. There is hunting and shooting to be done!

You got that in one Punkin. I’m really looking forward to getting out and busting some caps.

I managed to get in touch with AV Ballistics. They were a bit vague, although they said they won’t have the bits you’re looking for for a couple of years.

-> General