CCW Permit Renewal
-> General

#1: CCW Permit Renewal Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:18 pm
    ----
Here in the Commonwealth we are a "shall issue" state for a CCW permit if the applicant has clean record and is of the appropriate age. The renewal period is for five years and costs $20. I have had CCW permits since 1967. The sheriff is the issuing agent and many folks tend to dread the renewal process because some sheriffs place red tape and bureaucratic hoops in the way to complicate the ordeal. The stated renewal period process is 45 days. Last Thursday I went to the courthouse with the renewal application paid $20, sat for a photo and left. Today in the mail I received my new CCW permit. It was issued the same day that I applied. Whew! All the best...
Gil

#2: Re: CCW Permit Renewal Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:01 pm
    ----
My out of state permit needs to be renewed.
I made the appointment, filled out all the paperwork and am waiting on my birth certificate.
I live in Washington and have that CPL and I have the Oregon out of state permit. It would be a lot easier if the two states would just be nice and accept each others permit.

#3: Re: CCW Permit Renewal Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:42 pm
    ----
Do you guys have CCW Insurance?

#4: Re: CCW Permit Renewal Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:17 pm
    ----
Our (NC) renewal is $80 and you have to fill out four forms. Can take weeks to get back. 36 states recognize NC's permit and NC recognizes permits issued by any other state.

Slim, I don't have CCW insurance but have been considering it.

#5: Re: CCW Permit Renewal Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:48 am
    ----
I have thought about CCW insurance and settled on a few spare magazines and lots of practice at the range. All the best...
Gil

#6: Re: CCW Permit Renewal Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:27 pm
    ----
My CCW renewal was online, clicked a few boxes, entered payment info, permit showed up in the mail a few weeks later. I think we have the easiest, friendliest CCW permit system in the country.

-DallanC

#7: Re: CCW Permit Renewal Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:40 pm
    ----
I wish we had CCW...in fact I wish it wasn't illegal here to use a firearm in self defence !!!
Sad Sad

#8: Re: CCW Permit Renewal Author: GroovyJackLocation: Bama PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:34 am
    ----
shall issue here , twenty a year , one to five years , your choice , give sheriff money , get permit , five minutes ..

#9: Re: CCW Permit Renewal Author: SingleShotLoverLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:25 pm
    ----
DallanC wrote:
My CCW renewal was online, clicked a few boxes, entered payment info, permit showed up in the mail a few weeks later. I think we have the easiest, friendliest CCW permit system in the country.

-DallanC

I renewed my Utah Non-Resident CCW last year. Nothing could be easier. My own state of Illinois, though finally making them legala few years ago, has a renegade Attorney General that keeps threatening to publish the names of both FOID and CCW owners. Couple that with the corruption and general political anti-gun mentality and you have the reason why I don't have one for my own state.

Did have a non-resident CCW for Pennsylvania for two cycles until they changed the law to where you had to appear to apply. Bit to much of a trip for that, but originally very good people to deal with. Between Utah and Pennsylvania, I was covered for most of the states I travelled in at the time anyway.

#10: Re: CCW Permit Renewal Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:19 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
I wish we had CCW...in fact I wish it wasn't illegal here to use a firearm in self defence !!!
Sad Sad

It's actually illegal under statute!!?

Not even that bad here in the UK.

#11: Re: CCW Permit Renewal Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:40 pm
    ----
English Mike wrote:
Vince wrote:
Sad Sad

It's actually illegal under statute!!?

Not even that bad here in the UK.

Not illegal under actual statute mate, but if you do, you are in deep doo doo.

-> General