Savage 93 trigger and misc
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Savage 93 trigger and misc Author: Rifleshooter09 PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:39 am
    ----
i have a model 93 in .17 HMR it's not a bad lil rifle except for one thing. the trigger absolutely sucks. been tweaking it and got the trigger in good shape. put the stock back on it and took it out. would only shoot about an inch and a half at 100 yrds. i have on more than one occasion printed half inch groups with this gun even with a crappy trigger. I had just had the stock off and polished trigger parts. i put the stock back on and torqued the two allen head screws to a snug setting both about the same and went shooting. anyone had similar experiences. if so how did you fix it? i am thinking the forward screw needs to be loose and the rear one fairly snug. I think thats how it was when i took it apart. anyways. lookin for information on this and what anyone has done as far as replacing the trigger. i see Rifle Basix has an aftermarket trigger for it. lol adjustable from 10 oz to 1.5 lbs. has anyone done that and if so how did it turn out??

Watch yer topknot

#2: Re: Savage 93 trigger and misc Author: gascheck PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:33 pm
    ----
Rifleshooter, go to "rimfirecentral.com" and check in the Savage section. The trigger modification described there really works. I've done it on a 93 and a Mark II. Makes a world of difference and doesn't cost anything to try.

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions