What it means
-> General

#1: What it means Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:36 pm
    ----
The stupidity of some

#2: Re: What it means Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:52 pm
    ----
They say that those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it. I say that those who deliberately destroy history are criminals.

#3: Re: What it means Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:29 pm
    ----
Couldn't agree more

#4: Re: What it means Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:09 am
    ----
Interesting posts. There are folks that are critical of what they do not understand and prefer to rewrite history. Thanks for the clarity. All the best...
Gil

#5: Re: What it means Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:10 am
    ----
Great idea...Let's erase history so that slavery never happened...That'll work.

#6: Re: What it means Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:57 pm
    ----
oh no Sad not another twit bringing up the wrong flag AGAIN.......
never heard the "stars n bars" described in that way before Scratch Scratch
Pumpkin....would you care to add the "correct meaning"?????
I buy the 13 states bit .but as for the rest????
Andrew?????? cant recall him in the good book???? best be having a stickybeak to see if Ive missed something Embarassed

#7: Re: What it means Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:14 pm
    ----
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...attle_flag

I've seen the original post but I'm not sure when that belief came about. I am unaware of any religious meaning of the flag when it was first created.

The "Stars and Bars" flag was a national flag, similar to the "Stars and Stripes". Confusion on the battlefield between the two prompted the creation of a battle flag.

Most of us who fly the Confederate Battle Flag do so to remember the courage and sacrifice of the Southern troops who were protecting their homes.

#8: Re: What it means Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:15 pm
    ----
thanks Pumpkin...that clears it up quite nicely.

#9: Re: What it means Author: OldSchoolRanger PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:16 pm
    ----
I don't have any problem with the good ole boys displaying the southern cross flag. Regardless of your feelings about the Confederate flag, It represents pride in their (southern) heritage, and it is also a part of American history, whether you like it or not.

Only the subject of history, only eleven states (North and South Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Texas, Florida, Virginia, Tennessee, and Arkansas) actually seceded from the union, not thirteen. The south recognized Kentucky and Missouri, as part of the Confederacy, but they never officially seceded from the union.

#10: Re: What it means Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:02 am
    ----
Not with the inundation by federal troop. The actions of those troop drove a passionate support for the south though.

-> General