What's new around here?
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: What's new around here? Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:45 pm
    ----
Haven't been here in a long time. Newly unemployed so I will probably have some time to check in on ya. So what's been going on?

#2: Re: What's new around here? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:55 pm
    ----
Wiersay old mate, welcome back, it's great to see you again...how have you been?

Unemployed? You mean you aren't training tank operators anymore? BUGGER!! So sorry to hear that mate...hang in there mate, with your quals you shouldn't have too much of a problem picking up a job.

#3: Re: What's new around here? Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:13 pm
    ----
I'm sitting here in deer camp with 1 bar on my phone, trying to help my wife get a monster buck. Passed up an unbelievable number of big deer so far.

-DallanC

#4: Re: What's new around here? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:19 pm
    ----
DallanC wrote:
I'm sitting here in deer camp with 1 bar on my phone, trying to help my wife get a monster buck. Passed up an unbelievable number of big deer so far.

-DallanC

Great stuff Dallan. Fingers crossed that monster strolls into your fire lanes mate.

#5: Re: What's new around here? Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:22 pm
    ----
Welcome back Wiersy

#6: Re: What's new around here? Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:23 pm
    ----
Been kind of a rough year for me. We brought a whole bunch of simulators here to Minnesota for the largest exercise ever attempted with a mobile system. And of course with a lot of work we pulled it off without a hitch. I found out in January/ February that I would be losing my operators job on April 1st. I took a job at the same place as an Electronics Tech that lasted until the beginning of October. Of course Etech makes substantially less than an operator. Spent all year with this impending door over my head.

Been a few heath problems that I have been fighting the VA about. Finding a job that my body will handle right now is tough, not to mention finding a job that pays more than unemployment is pretty tough in this area. I applied for a job out in Boise Idaho but didn't get it , I really didn't want to move right now anyway.

Had some fun riding atv's this summer. We took a couple long weekends and had some great times. I started milling my own lumber last year so I don't have to pay the outrageous prices they want at the lumber yard. Haven't really had the urge to go out duck hunting so can even say if the hunting is good this year or not.

#7: Re: What's new around here? Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:55 pm
    ----
Missed ya Wiers!! Hope everything works out ok, wonderin if ole Dallan can snoop around for ya in Utah. Every time he goes hunting he scores!

Chin up!
Suz

#8: Re: What's new around here? Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:53 pm
    ----
DallanC wrote:

Dallan, do you ever stop winning!?! LOL

#9: Re: What's new around here? Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:34 pm
    ----
Sorry, wiersy, Dallan has been cleaning up on us all since the start of hunting season. Good to have you back though I wish it was for a different reason. Still, glad you have the time to join us. Keep pressing forward and you will find the way.

#10: Re: What's new around here? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:21 pm
    ----
something will turn up for you Mate........ huntings been a tad slow for me this year,well the deer have been quicker on the draw than I have anyway,just spent awesome weekend away with teenage son an we spent night out in the tussocks 200yards above bush edge but still couldnt get a deer to come home for dinner!!!!!

#11: Re: What's new around here? Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:30 am
    ----
Glad to see you back. Hope something turns up for you. Hang in there. All the best...
Gil

#12: Re: What's new around here? Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:08 pm
    ----
Sure seems a lot quieter around here than I recall.

#13: Re: What's new around here? Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:42 am
    ----
we are all getting ready for hunting season.

#14: Re: What's new around here? Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:07 pm
    ----
wiersy111 wrote:
Sure seems a lot quieter around here than I recall.

Test firing the BFR in the garage will fix that in a jiff!!!

Shocked

Laughing

#15: Re: What's new around here? Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:36 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:
we are all getting ready for hunting season.

All done for us in these parts. Filled 6 of 6 tags, 2 elk, 3 deer and a antelope. This saturday is the first we get to sleep in in quite a while.

-DallanC

-> General