New Zealand
-> General

#1: New Zealand Author: Daveyboy PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:31 am
    ----
I'm thinking of emigrating.

I've been to Oz a few times and sort of liked it but it's full of things that can kill you. More dangerous snakes than anywhere else, spiders, sharks, crocs and that.

So, I've never been to NZ but like what I hear. Does anyone on this forum live there? North or South Island? Where is the best place to live? What's the law on shooting and importing rifles, dogs etc? I do loads of un-sociable things like shooting, riding motorbikes etc.

All information gratefully received. You can PM me if you like.

Thanks

D

#2: Re: New Zealand Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:59 pm
    ----
taupo north island has great fishing hunting on your door step but costly realestate. the wild west coast of the south is a sportsmans dream. deer fish you name it they got it.things are so slow in pace over there fest food is hard to find. gun laws are not too harsh. pistols are restricted to gun club members etc but run of the mill sporting arms no big delemas.

#3: Re: New Zealand Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:23 pm
    ----
I'm with you Daveyboy, New Zealand sounds like Heaven on Earth for us hunting folks.

Say Elvis.
In one of Phil Robertson's Duckman Videos, he is in New Zealand shooting mallards, and on the video he says that NZ has no limits for ducks.
Is that the case, or is Phil full of beans on this one??

Eric

#4: Re: New Zealand Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:18 pm
    ----
DaveyBoy has not been around for a while. Sad

Dimitri

#5: Re: New Zealand Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:15 pm
    ----
And the Kiwis are the best football players in the world in all codes.
The best cricketers to.

#6: Re: New Zealand Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:28 pm
    ----
ElyBoy
grey duck 5
shoveler 2
mallard 50
paradise duck 15
pukeko 10
black swan5
canada goose NO LIMIT
calafornian quail 10
chuckor 10
cock pheasant 4
this is per DAY
this is for central south island our main season runs from 1st saturday in may and mallards go till end of july

#7: Re: New Zealand Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:17 pm
    ----
Oh Man Elvis,

50 mallard limit.

When I die, I want to go to New Zealand.
That's Heaven to me!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Eric

#8: Re: New Zealand Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:54 am
    ----
ElyBoy you dont have to wait that long. get saving your pocket money and come over. the photo was taken last year in april while fishing with the family in the 'duckpond' where we shoot.There is plenty of free range shooting on public land\water and Im led to believe the rates for guided hunts are not too steep.My buddy and I got 34 for opening weekend this year and didnt work too hard for them.

-> General