moving AGAIN
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: moving AGAIN Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:55 am
    ----
Sad When Bec's n I got married I warned her I was a shifty type, we have been in this place for a couple of years but with one thing after another going wrong we have decided to downsize and find a warmer house to rent,we burnt 12-15 CORD of wood last year and I really want my weekends back to go hunting n fishing not cutting wood.
I put pen to paper and was shocked when added up how many places Ive called home in my less than 44 years on Gods green earth.
18 different homes before I got married and 11 since then!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that gonkulates out to a shift every 17 and a bit months......... Sad
lets hope this next place works out as good as we hope and new landlords dont decide to sell it as has happened to us on 3 occasions in last 5 years.

#2: Re: moving AGAIN Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:15 am
    ----
Damn mate, thats more often than I used to move around in the Army.

I hope you find that place where you can be comfortable and call home. Also, remember, the one that has the hardest job when you move is SWMBO, it will turn her life upside down. She is the one that has to try and turn a house into a home for the family mate. Maybe you could consider buying a place of your own rather than renting and paying someone's mortgage for them.

When Tricia and I decided to buy, we found that the monthly payments worked out on a par or better than paying rent. Only thing you have to factor in is maintenance and Govt Charges (we call them Council Rates).

Good luck with the move mate. I hope it goes as smooth as possible for you, Bec and the family...and my namesake too, mustn't forget the Wonder Ram.

#3: Re: moving AGAIN Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:37 am
    ----
I hate moving.

#4: Re: moving AGAIN Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:20 pm
    ----
Vince we would love to buy but getting a deposit together isnt an option at this time, prices are just ludicrous,one day we maybe able to buy something very small but not now. the sheep are staying put.

#5: Re: moving AGAIN Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:25 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
I hate moving.

Same here.
I was moved around a similar number of times to Elvis pre marriage days, moved roughly every 18 months until I hit 34.
I have moved once in the last 23 years, my next move will be me in the box.
Finally have the house and shed I wanted, happy wife, good location.
Dunmovin.

#6: Re: moving AGAIN Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:25 pm
    ----
Before married, I move a lot looking for a good (and affordable) place to live.
Once I found the ideal place, I marry my wife and stayed on the same house ever since.
Yeh moving sucks.

Dunmovintoo.

#7: Re: moving AGAIN Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:59 pm
    ----
I figured out that I've lived 5 places in my 58 years. Kinda figure I'll stay where I am (31 years so far) unless I win the lottery or the kids move me to an old folks home.

#8: Re: moving AGAIN Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:15 pm
    ----
Here I thought you were still in the house where you hunted from your backyard in a bath robe. Hope you find another great place!

#9: Re: moving AGAIN Author: Toadlet PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:08 am
    ----
HAhaha neah they moved a few years ago from that house and hope everything goes smoothly for you dad

#10: Re: moving AGAIN Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:27 am
    ----
yeah your Mum will get it sorted and try to keep me doing stuff....Im going to give section a good going over so place is spic n span for landlord.

#11: Re: moving AGAIN Author: Toadlet PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:02 am
    ----
Yeah you will get smiley over to help you

#12: Re: moving AGAIN Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:11 am
    ----
I thought the Police were a bit hard on moving us around…….
Keep me posted ol mate, theres a chance I may be down you ways chasing tahr and chamois in April next year all things going to plan….

#13: Re: moving AGAIN Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:39 am
    ----
well if you do Mate I might just have to tag along and be camp bitc%.....
failing that you know you are always welcome at my place (wherever that will be) to stop and get stuff sorted or just to call in for a hot cuppa and a yak,might even be able to find a bed for the night...in new small house it may have to be couch LOL.

#14: Re: moving AGAIN Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:11 pm
    ----
Elvis wrote:
how many places Ive called home in my less than 44 years on Gods green earth.
18 different homes before I got married and 11 since then!

That is a new place every 1.5 years.

I'm at 14, so I am doing slightly better then you, at one every 2 years.

Very Happy

Dimitri

#15: Re: moving AGAIN Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:14 am
    ----
28 moves and different places in 64 years that's a move every 2 1/4 years, too much. I hate moving, think I'll stay here for awhile.

-> Spam-O-Rama