Denying firearms to terrorists???
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> General

#16: Re: Denying firearms to terrorists??? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:28 am
    ----
well Gel you best get your lathe out and start turning Mate...Ive got 2 .45 long colts with 3" long barrels PERFECTLY LEGAL
chamber insert for .12ga shotgun
you make one up in .38special or .357mag and your good to go
may as well do a .44 mag etc etc etc etc while you are in the mood

my inserts are to use .410 shot shells or rifle/pistol loads and as they turned they arent stamped with calibre...food for thought.

#17: Re: Denying firearms to terrorists??? Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:42 am
    ----
SHh!te mate, wont event think about it.. we cannot touch that ourselves.
Totally illegal unless they are registered and done by a registered gunsmith.

#18: Re: Denying firearms to terrorists??? Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:25 am
    ----
gelandangan wrote:

Are you sure? I've seen papers here where inserts are considered magazins and free to buy or sell because it's just something to put a round in...
the insert is not the problem. The problem is buying ammo when you don't have a license for that calibre.

#19: Re: Denying firearms to terrorists??? Author: Grey_Wolf PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:55 am
    ----
Aloysius wrote:
gelandangan wrote:

Are you sure? I've seen papers here where inserts are considered magazins and free to buy or sell because it's just something to put a round in...
the insert is not the problem. The problem is buying ammo when you don't have a license for that calibre.

That there is seriously messed up. I thought we were screwed up with our prohibited/restricted/non-restricted classification system and the police trying to reclassify everything on the way they look. Licence per calibre ..... wow..

#20: Re: Denying firearms to terrorists??? Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:19 pm
    ----
Well here EVERY barrel are registered.
Lining a shotgun (Class A license) with a 45LC barrel would make this gun a Class B, and unless the barrel liner are registered, it is deemed illegal.

#21: Re: Denying firearms to terrorists??? Author: Grey_Wolf PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:48 pm
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
Well here EVERY barrel are registered.
Lining a shotgun (Class A license) with a 45LC barrel would make this gun a Class B, and unless the barrel liner are registered, it is deemed illegal.

Gotta tell ya - it's all news to me. wtf Never heard of lining a shot gun barrel to a center fire round. I gotta get out more Sad

#22: Re: Denying firearms to terrorists??? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:41 pm
    ----
chamber mates fall into what catagory then?????
cause they are just a flash version of what I have.

#23: Re: Denying firearms to terrorists??? Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:35 am
    ----
Geland, when I understand you correctly: lining up a caliber 12 to 16, 20, ... .410 stays in class A.
Now tell me what happens when I shoot f.e. a .577 Snider in my cal 24 linings or a .45 LC in the .410...

or what happens when I put a shot-round in my .22 LR?

And when you have a shotgun in cal. 12 - 3", are you allowed to buy/use/have cartridges in cal. 12 - 2 3/4" or shorter? What about the use of a "brenneke"?

And there are handmade belgian doubles special for rabbits on short distances (with furets) that have a twisted choke for the last 10" of the barrel to spread the shot... is that class A or B?

it happens that when I start discussing about things, some people become very nervous... Smile

#24: Re: Denying firearms to terrorists??? Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:56 pm
    ----
Aloys mate, thats the problem..
the law is very vague, and they do upheld that ignorance is not an excuse attitude.
So lawful gun owners here are completely baffled with the changes as does anyone that have half a brain.

#25: Re: Denying firearms to terrorists??? Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:30 am
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
So lawful gun owners here are completely baffled with the changes as does anyone that have half a brain.

Its hard to even follow the conversation and that someone would even spend the time and effort to make laws like this.

#26: Re: Denying firearms to terrorists??? Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:17 pm
    ----
The law makers are clueless, thus the stupid laws that they regurgitated (or was it shat out rather?)

#27: Re: Denying firearms to terrorists??? Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:47 pm
    ----
Sorry, they are not clueless they are taking directions from those who pay to put them in office. Regardless of their personal ignorance they will not bite the hand that feeds them, your hand is open for biting.

#28: Re: Denying firearms to terrorists??? Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:13 pm
    ----
Perhaps you are right Lester..
Either way it is sad..

#29: Re: Denying firearms to terrorists??? Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:07 pm
    ----
Your both right ...... it's a combination ignorance of firearms and those that have an agenda !!!

#30: Re: Denying firearms to terrorists??? Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:49 am
    ----
I hope there are enough of us that realize that our rights are stronger than even a majority vote.
Nobody, not even a 99% vote of the people can remove a right that God gave us at birth.

-> General