You left something behind...
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: You left something behind... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:16 am
    ----
A son took his old father to a restaurant for an evening dinner.
Father being very old and weak, while eating, dropped food on his shirt and trousers.
Others diners watched him in disgust while his son was calm.

After he finished eating, his son who was not at all embarrassed, quietly took him to the wash room, wiped the food particles, removed the stains, combed his hair and fitted his spectacles firmly. When they came out, the entire restaurant was watching them in dead silence, not able to grasp how someone could embarrass themselves publicly like that.

The son settled the bill and started walking out with his father.

At that time, an old man amongst the diners called out to the son and asked him, "Don't you think you have left something behind?".

The son replied, "No sir, I haven't".

The old man retorted, "Yes, you have! You left a lesson for every son and hope for every father". Very Happy Cool

The restaurant went silent.

#2: Re: You left something behind... Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:27 am
    ----
Nice Vince, very nice!

Thanks.

Salute

#3: Re: You left something behind... Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:32 am
    ----
Like it.

#4: Re: You left something behind... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:03 am
    ----
Thanks guys. I wish my Dad was still around so I could take him out hunting and to a restaurant like that. Sad

#5: Re: You left something behind... Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:14 am
    ----
Vince wrote:
Thanks guys. I wish my Dad was still around so I could take him out hunting and to a restaurant like that. Sad

Me too Vince.

Dad left this mortal coil in 1974.

#6: Re: You left something behind... Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:23 am
    ----
Yep, miss mine too. Never did spend enough time with him after he retired.

#7: Re: You left something behind... Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:29 am
    ----
Strange what feelings Vince is calling up now. My father died in '85. Today hunting season opens on hare, foxes, pheasants (and was already open on dove, rabbits, ducks, geese... so almost all small game is open now). In my father's time it should have been holiday today, now I'm not even sure I will go hunting next Saturday because there are some troubles between hunting friends... and when there 's no fun, why bother to go?

#8: Re: You left something behind... Author: eeyouelderLocation: Quebec PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:17 am
    ----
Up until 2013 I used to spend up to three months in the bush fishing, hunting and trapping than on the 23rd of December 2013 I contracted Lyme disease and things went down from then on. In 2014 I lost the use of my left eye (blood cloth) and now I also suffer from presbyacousis, so they took my driver's license away. My wife still takes me out to the restaurent and to the fishing and hunting camp and helps me fish and observe nature as best as I can.

That gentlemen is what I call ‘pure love’ from her part.

#9: Re: You left something behind... Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:23 am
    ----
eeyouelder wrote:
Up until 2013 I used to spend up to three months in the bush fishing, hunting and trapping than on the 23rd of December 2013 I contracted Lyme disease and things went down from then on. In 2014 I lost the use of my left eye (blood cloth) and now I also suffer from presbyacousis, so they took my driver's license away. My wife still takes me out to the restaurent and to the fishing and hunting camp and helps me fish and observe nature as best as I can.

That gentlemen is what I call ‘pure love’ from her part.

Your wife is a perfect lady.

Sorry to hear about your problems, take care.

#10: Re: You left something behind... Author: eeyouelderLocation: Quebec PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:46 am
    ----
Thanks RePete but I do not waste my time feeling sorry for my minute problems. I give my thanks to the Lord for blessing me with such a caring wife, and because of her, I will spend the rest of my life enjoying the splendors of the outdoors as best as I can.

#11: Re: You left something behind... Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:42 am
    ----
In time of need a friend indeed.

#12: Re: You left something behind... Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:31 pm
    ----
great sentiment Vince
eeyouelder,you take care of yourself you hear.....

#13: Re: You left something behind... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:27 am
    ----
So sorry to hear that things have gone south on you eeyouelder, but at least you are lucky enough to have a champion wife mate.

My Dad passed in 2006 and I still talk to Dad and ask him questions, but it would be nice to be able to sit down with him, enjoying a beer or two and just talking...then slipping out and tapping a couple of bunnies for tea.

Make the most of your time with your parents...they are a long time gone when they go.

-> Spam-O-Rama