one heck of a day
-> General

#1: one heck of a day Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:29 pm
    ----
Well folks yesterday was one out of the bag for us.
First off SWMBO and I headed up to Burnham Army base to pick up Nathan, he had just spent a week at a Bluelight camp and was graduating.
Not only did he finish out the week but ended up with a very nice trophy as he had such a great improvement over the week, and had such a great attitude with helping others and getting stuck in. He now has a direction to look forward and hopefully will put on green uniform in 3 years time.
we got home and Vince The Magnificents Scratch Scratch sexual orientation has been confirmed as OK as there are newborn lambs in the flock Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
got home Bro in Law arrived with my new Stihl 76ccs of pure grunty beauty (going to get a workout today)
eating tea and my good Mate rings up and asks if we want to go spotlighting for hares....does pooh pooh strink?????
my shooting was on fire first 20 hares went down in screaming heaps for under 50 rounds....off back of ute doing 40ish kms on erratic course
then we got to another front paddock and buggamesideways there is hind and LARGE fawn in it...I just happened to have 3 rounds of #00 buck in pocket so waited patiently for young animal to present nicely and I headshot it Shocked Shocked
I must check the paper to see if I died last week as I feel Ive gone to redneck heaven .
photos will follow ( Scratch if ghosts are able to take them)

Last edited by Elvis on Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: one heck of a day Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:33 pm
    ----
What a day, now, to string a few of those together

#3: Re: one heck of a day Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:47 pm
    ----
Lucky you!

#4: Re: one heck of a day Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:05 pm
    ----
Sounds like you had an awesome day Elvis. Congratulations to Nathan, he done good. Ataboys to Vince the Magnificent, but I never expected any less from my namesake. You certainly blasted this hares mate...I'm green with envy. As for the fawn, I'm looking forward to the pics mate.

#5: Re: one heck of a day Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:20 pm
    ----
some photos...Seems Im still in land of living, the back ache from cutting wood yesterday kind of proved that too, saw went like a rocket Very Happy

#6: Re: one heck of a day Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:22 pm
    ----
Young fella is in 2nd row in the middle Black sneaker shoes.

#7: Re: one heck of a day Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:38 pm
    ----
Elvis wrote:
Young fella is in 2nd row in the middle Black sneaker shoes.

...next to the young fella (to the left) sneaking a look at the ground mate?

#8: Re: one heck of a day Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:00 am
    ----
yip,twas a full on week by all accounts .

#9: Re: one heck of a day Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:22 am
    ----
God smiles on those of good heart. Smile

#10: Re: one heck of a day Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:48 am
    ----
Nathan tells me the young fellas got to meet shake hands with and talk to the great man himself during the week...they didnt all realize who he was until told the next day...fairly awestruck when they found out,not every day a 14 yr old gets to meet the holder of a Victoria Cross...Mr Willie Apiata in person no less.

#11: Re: one heck of a day Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:17 am
    ----
Great time! Thanks for sharing.

Elvis, you should open a restaurant. Call it the Hare & Hind.

#12: Re: one heck of a day Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:33 pm
    ----
I like a story with a happy ending. All the best...
Gil

-> General