Lenard Nimoy dead
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: Lenard Nimoy dead Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:55 pm
    ----
Sad, but not a bad innings at 83.

www.theguardian.com/cu...es-ages-83

Cheers

#2: Re: Lenard Nimoy dead Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:16 pm
    ----
Live Long and Prosper!

#3: Re: Lenard Nimoy dead Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:19 pm
    ----
Yea its not surprising, he has been in the hospital twice in the past week, its sad. He was quite a interesting guy, even served as a Sargent in the Army in his youth before getting into acting (as did Doohan ie: Scotty ... scotty lost a finger storming the beach at Normandy and wore a prosthetic during the show / movies).

Besides hunting / shooting I'm a pretty big Star Trek fan. I have a collection of screen used costumes from the movies / tv shows.

Anywho Nimoy was a good guy with alot of positive influence on the world. On of my favorite quotes from him was "The miracle is the more we share, the more we all have".

RIP.

-DallanC

#4: Re: Lenard Nimoy dead Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:55 pm
    ----
RIP

#5: Re: Lenard Nimoy dead Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:04 pm
    ----
A great man and a great actor. His part as Spock is legendary. RIP Big Guy.

#6: Re: Lenard Nimoy dead Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:50 am
    ----
peace be with you,enjoy your journey to the final frontier.

#7: Re: Lenard Nimoy dead Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:19 am
    ----
"He lived long and prospered"

#8: Re: Lenard Nimoy dead Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:03 pm
    ----
Tonight I saw a story that says that the "Westboro church" wants to picket Nimoy's funeral! How would you like to have your ass kicked by a bunch of Trekkies?

#9: Re: Lenard Nimoy dead Author: GrumulkinLocation: Central Ohio PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:13 pm
    ----
Pray tell, what issue does the Westboro church have with Nimoy?

#10: Re: Lenard Nimoy dead Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:18 pm
    ----
Sargent in the Army?

#11: Re: Lenard Nimoy dead Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:12 pm
    ----
It would be an "interesting" day if those morons from Westboro turned up at a funeral for one of my family or friends!!!

I'm all for freedom of speech, but I don't see where the term "insult" is acceptable..

#12: Re: Lenard Nimoy dead Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:14 pm
    ----
Grumulkin wrote:
Pray tell, what issue does the Westboro church have with Nimoy?

Its just a method to keep their name in the news, to keep that 15 minutes of fame going.

Those people are idiots though, they tried to picket it, but couldn't find the address... lol

On a serious note, we had a local soldier killed in Iraq, his funeral was about 10 minutes from my house. I happened to drive past as it was going on. Literally surrounding the church standing shoulder to shoulder, was a line of several hundred no-nonsense Vets from all across America there to protect things and make sure the service wasn't interrupted. Brought a tear to my eye.

-DallanC

#13: Re: Lenard Nimoy dead Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:04 am
    ----
There is a Vet organisation who ride bikes and who are more than willing to ride anywhere that is necessary to disrupt the Westboro protests of soldier funerals. I've seen videos where they will sit on their bikes surrounding the Westboro protestors, revving their bikes to drown out the protests and parking in front of them to shield the funeral procession from their vile placards...moving as necessary to ensure total coverage.

I really can't understand why these morons are tolerated. As I stated before, I'm all for freedom of speech, but these idiots are poison evil with their protests and disgusting displays of disrespect to the deceased and the families of the deceased. The last memory a family should have of a deceased loved one is the evil diatribe from the moronic insignificant Westboro followers.

-> Spam-O-Rama