Ammo Ban pending
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> General

#31: Re: Ammo Ban pending Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:37 am
    ----
By all means don't think for one minute this is over !!!

In a Senate Appropriations Committee hearing, ATF Director B. Todd Jones said all types of the 5.56 military-style ammo used by shooters pose a threat to police as more people buy the AR-15-style pistols.

“Any 5.56 round” is “a challenge for officer safety,” he said. Jones asked lawmakers to help in a review of a 1986 bill written to protect police from so-called “cop killer” rounds that largely exempted rifle ammo like the 5.56 because it has been used by target shooters, not criminals.

[Taken from article at Bearing Arms]

#32: Re: Ammo Ban pending Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:53 pm
    ----
Any ammunition could be considered dangerous to anyone. That is why we have laws to punish people who use ammunition to injure others without cause. More people are killed by human contact (hitting and kicking) than by rifle ammunition in the grand old USA. I would like to see them outlaw hands and feet......

#33: Re: Ammo Ban pending Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:21 pm
    ----
Paul, stop it.
You are using logic, and we all know that logic wont fit into any anti's argument.
Sounds like you lot are also suffering from the inner city latte sippers having too much say.

#34: Re: Ammo Ban pending Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:52 pm
    ----
AMEN Pete.

#35: Re: Ammo Ban pending Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:38 pm
    ----
ATF director B.Todd Jones resigned today !!!

#36: Re: Ammo Ban pending Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:37 pm
    ----
Thanks Chambered!

Among his shining achievements was an attempt to give local sherriffs the ability to ban legal (if NFA regulated) firearms in their jurisdictions, as well as proposing a ban on some of the most popular ammunition in the United States. Credited with stabilizing the ATF following the Fast and Furious controversy and that was probably his main objective.

The NRA successfully lobbied to include a provision in the USA Patriot Act reauthorization bill to make the position subject to Senate confirmation.
The Republican Senate will confirm the next guinea-pig...unless of course there's another way (appointed czar or whatever). He didn't last very long, I guess he wasn't stealthy enough.

Suz

#37: Re: Ammo Ban pending Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:39 am
    ----
This was in my email inbox.

www.nraila.org/email/g...-03202015/

#38: Re: Ammo Ban pending Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:46 pm
    ----
Yep, I got that too. I wonder who is going to do the testing and what will constitute a "handgun". You can get a host of rifle cartridges chambered in a Thompson Center single shot but I don't believe those guns are used by criminals.

The big point I want understood is that there is no way to prevent a crime that doesn't involve doing away with our rights, liberties and freedoms. We have laws to prosecute criminals not to make law abiding citizens into criminals. You need to cause injury of some kind to another before you commit a crime.

#39: Re: Ammo Ban pending Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:50 pm
    ----
Well maybe the ammo ban idea didn't fly, but www.fbo.gov/index?s=op...p;_cview=0 I thought it interesting that they would have bought ,223 instead of 5.56x45.

#40: Re: Ammo Ban pending Author: inthedarkLocation: Ontario PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:51 am
    ----
The body armour (Pacifac Safety Products) we are issued is threat level NIJ 0101.06 III3A and will defend against penetration of .38, 9mm, .40 pistol bullets and comes is configured with a trauma plate for edged weapons. This company's US division supplys many US LEOs and military clients.

Most any ball rifle bullet will penetrate it. In fact there was an inventor in Australia who made a rim fire .22 or .17 machine gun that just CHEWED through the body armour and also a .5 inch armoured glass sample.

-> General