fishy
-> General

#1: fishy Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:16 pm
    ----
I and number 2 son in a fishing tournament 12.9# We took 2nd.
9#
6#

#2: Re: fishy Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:20 pm
    ----
Nice big fish... looks yummy.
What are they?

#3: Re: fishy Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:05 am
    ----
good stuff

#4: Re: fishy Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:20 am
    ----
YUP HAD SOME AND WAS TASTTY

#5: Re: fishy Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:43 am
    ----
Tremblay, watch out! My huntingfriend is (was?) a real fisherman, doing at least 1 competition a week. But he learned his grandson how to fish... now his grandson is the champion and the other fishermen are laughing with my friends skills as he's not winning any competitions any more...
but I think my friend has more fun now then when he was winning himself.

#6: Re: fishy Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:52 am
    ----
Look like Northern Pike to me. Meat's a little strong for some folks but me and mine ate them often.

#7: Re: fishy Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:19 am
    ----
If you salt the fillets down with salt and a splash of vinager and then let them soak for an hour then wash them off they are pretty good

#8: Re: fishy Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:23 am
    ----
Aloysius wrote:
Tremblay, watch out! My huntingfriend is (was?) a real fisherman, doing at least 1 competition a week. But he learned his grandson how to fish... now his grandson is the champion and the other fishermen are laughing with my friends skills as he's not winning any competitions any more...
but I think my friend has more fun now then when he was winning himself.

they have this fishing once a year, with 250 people , and one day 7 am to 6 pm. They have what they call the goveners cup, but I don't have the money it takes to get into it. get some of the professonals also.

#9: Re: fishy Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:53 pm
    ----
Them are some yummy eats there.

#10: Re: fishy Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:55 am
    ----
lesterg3 wrote:
Look like Northern Pike to me. Meat's a little strong for some folks but me and mine ate them often.

Can't wait to get back to Canada for some Pike fishing !!!
IMO the cooler waters up there make a big difference in how they taste.

#11: Re: fishy Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:35 am
    ----
chambered221 wrote:

Can't wait to get back to Canada for some Pike fishing !!!
IMO the cooler waters up there make a big difference in how they taste.

Cold water Northerns are by far better tasting. I prefer Northern Pike to Walley myself Once you learn how to take the Y bones out they are really good eating fish. And fun to fish.

#12: Re: fishy Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:27 pm
    ----
Agree with the cold water, and the y bones. I haven't caught any here in the south, not sure there are any except maybe in the mountain lakes. Caught all we could though while in Michigan and a few trips into Canada. We loved them, not sure I think they're better than walleyes though.

#13: Re: fishy Author: SniperXLocation: Victoria, TX PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:01 pm
    ----
Nice fish!

Congrats!!!!

#14: Re: fishy Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:32 pm
    ----
Thanks sniper

-> General