DIY Shoot and See target
-> Reloading Ammunition

#1: DIY Shoot and See target Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:40 pm
    ----
Found this while trawling the net.
Quite good idea it seems.
Will save a few dollars for a few minutes of work..

youtu.be/gg-l2KWG1Yw

#2: Re: DIY Shoot and See target Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:33 pm
    ----
Not bad! I wonder if there is a cheap spray-on base coat that could be used?

#3: Re: DIY Shoot and See target Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:34 pm
    ----
Hmmm, solvent based base with water based black on top?

#4: Re: DIY Shoot and See target Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:50 am
    ----
Not sure mate, I have not try this yet, will definitely give it a go once I got some free time.
Looks pretty easy to make.

#5: Re: DIY Shoot and See target Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:31 am
    ----
Aah come-on guys...Use regular white targets with black dots and lines and take the walk down to the targets. I know ya'll need the exercise.

#6: Re: DIY Shoot and See target Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:21 pm
    ----
Good idea for the scouts... I really like these types of targets that let the shooter see impacts and correct accordingly.

-DallanC

#7: Re: DIY Shoot and See target Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:47 pm
    ----
I have some green heavy stock presentation paper, what we used to call bristol board. I also bought a couple of thousand of those stick on orange bulls of different sizes at a discount store. I have flat black paint which I use on my trailer hitch and so all I need is some wide plastic tape. The range I use can get pretty busy and the RSO's really get upset if someone is always calling for a ceasefire to check their targets so I regularily use the telltale targets. They can be a bit expensive so this idea appeals to my "Frugal" nature. I always make the walk to take down my paper eventually but I believe in conserving ones energy for those really important tasks like carrying cases of beer.

#8: Re: DIY Shoot and See target Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:34 pm
    ----
I like the way ya think Mac...saving money and buying beer...what more could make a man happy.

-> Reloading Ammunition