Latest acquisition
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#16: Re: Latest acquisition Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:12 pm
    ----
moose2 wrote:
I don't know much about this piece of equipment Gel, but you sure did a great job of photographing it. Very Happy

LOL, I have not even seen it with my eyes mate, those photos are from the seller.

#17: Re: Latest acquisition Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:42 pm
    ----
Aloys, I chose to dispose of my handguns mate because the Govt made things far too difficult for my liking to maintain licence eligibility. Part of the deal when the Govt bought my handguns back was that I not apply for a handgun licence for 8 years. That time is up now, but in all honesty I have lost a bit of interest in handgun shooting, although that would change in a heartbeat if we were allowed a CCW.

Gelan, it looks like you have scored an awesome machine mate...I'll be really interested in seeing how it works and the quality of ammo it produces.

#18: Re: Latest acquisition Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:45 pm
    ----
CCW? Here in Oz?
Heck we are not even allowed to carry a golf club in the train!

#19: Re: Latest acquisition Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:01 am
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
CCW? Here in Oz?
Heck we are not even allowed to carry a golf club in the train!

Now I understand why you carry snakes, spiders and all these nasty stuff. It reminds me to an old friend game-watcher who used a trained german shepherd in his job. He ones told me that he always carries a broken line in his pockets, so it was not his fault when his dog was a little too enthusiastic with poachers...

#20: Re: Latest acquisition Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:24 am
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
my machine is 2 generations older than that one,

Ok, gelandangan, how vintage is this piece of equipment? What year was it manufactured?

#21: Re: Latest acquisition Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:17 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:

Ok, gelandangan, how vintage is this piece of equipment? What year was it manufactured?
I haven't a clue Slim, but I reckon around 1970's for this model.
I believe RCBS Green machine was out about end of 1980's and this machine is 3 generation back from that.

#22: Re: Latest acquisition Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:32 pm
    ----
I think you'll find your new toy rock solid, I still use my old Pacific DL 155 to load shotgun shells plus I still use a Pacific "C" press for handgun & rifle shells and both units are cast iron through out and were bought new in the early 70's.

#23: Re: Latest acquisition Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:23 pm
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
I reckon around 1970's for this model.
I believe RCBS Green machine was out about end of 1980's and this machine is 3 generation back from that.

I thought a generation spanned 20 years - that would make this 1920?

#24: Re: Latest acquisition Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:51 am
    ----
LOL.
I read somewhere that MK III was made on early 1970 and MK V is made on early 1980, ergo MK IV is mid to late 1970.

I still have not received the press yet.. Sad
Either it is Christmas load for the post or the seller not yet posting it.
Coming from Melbourne usually it only take about 3 days, now it is already 4 days. Scratch Bang Head
The wait drives me crazy Insane

#25: Re: Latest acquisition Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:19 am
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
The wait drives me crazy :

The weight of the parcel may have something to do with it.

#26: Re: Latest acquisition Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:33 am
    ----
or some postman also was interested in vintage products... maybe it went to China to make copies...
sometimes it pays to hand-carry...

worried? Smile

#27: Re: Latest acquisition Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:45 am
    ----
Yeah Sad

#28: Re: Latest acquisition Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:12 am
    ----
wait-a-minute (WAM)! I thought the appropriate response from a gentleman from down-under would have been "Na, no worries, mate."

#29: Re: Latest acquisition Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:04 pm
    ----
Yea, but that gentleman aint waiting for his shooting related gears..

#30: Re: Latest acquisition Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:43 pm
    ----
Haha Haha Haha

-> Reloading Ammunition