Latest acquisition
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#1: Latest acquisition Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:53 pm
    ----
Just found out that I won a fleebay sale that I bid on a whim.

An AUTO CHAMPION MARK IV progressive reloading press.
I know nothing of this machine but it looks a beast!

Anyone have any data/user guides/tips/etc about these?
In particular, how to change caliber?

#2: Re: Latest acquisition Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:30 pm
    ----
Wow, gelandangan! Congrats. Is this an antique? Looks like a 4-cyl engine. Looks like you get to be the first person to post a youtube video on how it works.

#3: Re: Latest acquisition Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:40 pm
    ----
Not sure about the age but I believe the inline progressive reloading system is made before progressive press done in a circular fashion.

#4: Re: Latest acquisition Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:14 pm
    ----
you mean back when they used black powder? Is that long tube a drop tube?

Last edited by slimjim on Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: Latest acquisition Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:24 pm
    ----
This might help !!! www.ch4d.com/products/...presses/ac

CH tool and die were known for making things the way they should be made.

#6: Re: Latest acquisition Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:17 pm
    ----
Excellent find, chambered! They even have a manual to download.

#7: Re: Latest acquisition Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:29 pm
    ----
Yes, thats the very first page I look for as soon I got the machine.

I also have wrote to the owner for a manual.

I am very much interested at this stage to find out if there are a user for this machine and to learn about the usage, do and don'ts.

#8: Re: Latest acquisition Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:56 pm
    ----
Owners manual.

www.ch4d.com/Media/fil...markva.pdf

#9: Re: Latest acquisition Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:28 pm
    ----
RePete wrote:
Owners manual.

www.ch4d.com/Media/fil...markva.pdf

Also got that this morning, the question is that my machine is 2 generations older than that one, I guess there would be changes?

#10: Re: Latest acquisition Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:34 am
    ----
Ok, been reading the manual from RePete's link
I guess the say the machine work would be quite similar.
The only difference I can see right now is the priming system.
I cannot go further until I receive the machine, I hope it would be soon.

This machine I will set to do my .38 SPL loads.
I cannot wait Smile

#11: Re: Latest acquisition Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:31 am
    ----
keep us posted, it looks like fun.

#12: Re: Latest acquisition Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:47 am
    ----
Well there goes your potential lotto win.
Nice score mate, hopefully it wont be too big a pain to set up and produce quality ammo.

#13: Re: Latest acquisition Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:32 am
    ----
A new update.
Apparently RCBS bought the design and make what they called "The Green Machine"
So most of the operation can be found from RCBS.
Even some spare parts are the same or similar.

And one trivia.. virtually EVERY progressive press priming system are derived from what is used in this machine.
LOL

#14: Re: Latest acquisition Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:56 am
    ----
That's why that priming system looks so familiar. It only misses the blue color to fit on a Dillon...

great stuff!

question: how can you be allowed to load .38 Sp and Vince had to say goodbey to his handgun? Don't they all drive on the same side of the road overthere?

#15: Re: Latest acquisition Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:46 am
    ----
I don't know much about this piece of equipment Gel, but you sure did a great job of photographing it. Very Happy

-> Reloading Ammunition