My boy's antlerless Elk success
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> Big Game Hunting

#31: Re: My boy's antlerless Elk success Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:02 pm
    ----
Also Blacktail deer along the far west coast and we have Coues deer down in the south west (AZ, Texas). I don't know much about coues though.

-DallanC

#32: Re: My boy's antlerless Elk success Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:46 pm
    ----
Pretty much all of the deer species we have out here in Australia are concentrated on our eastern seaboard. I'm not really aware of any deer on the west coast. I think I would have to say our most prolific deer type us Fallow, with Red, Sambar, Chital, Rusa and Hog deer are the only ones that have formed viable populations, as I say predominantly on the East Coast.

#33: Re: My boy's antlerless Elk success Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:29 am
    ----
Vince wrote:
shrpshtrjoe wrote:
Vince wrote:

Do you have to go into a ballot for tags for the early muzzleloader season Joe? Time to go get some mate.

No draw or ballet .. One buck and ten does allowed for muzzleloader season Very Happy

That's a real bonus mate. Is the muzzleloader season species specific, or are all deer species fair game?

We have sika deer in a few of the southern counties that have different regulations and bag limits but can be hunted in all the seasons on our standard licence it's whitetail's every where else in MD Very Happy

#34: Re: My boy's antlerless Elk success Author: AzarLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:10 am
    ----
Dallan,

Coues Deer are simply a subspecies of white-tailed deer. A bit smaller bodied due to the high temp areas in which they live. And suposedly very skittish by reputation.

That's the extent of my knowledge of Coues. Smile

-> Big Game Hunting