Logo Advice
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Logo Advice Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:34 pm
    ----
Looking for some advice from everyone.

I want to come up with a new logo... what I really want is something that shows PointBlank but also ties it in with actual use. Here is an example of what I've been playing with:

I like the new look... The text and font are totally temporary though, I havent been happy with any font look yet nor color. I kind of do like the new phrase "KNOW THE SHOT" though.

Once we get a nice logo (or logo set like the above but with different animals) we can explore the shirt / hat / window sticker idea so many people have been requesting.

Thoughts? Ideas? Criticisms? I concider this fairly rough and early but I wanted to get peoples impressions.

-DallanC

#2: Re: Logo Advice Author: Coyote_Hunter_Location: Franktown, CO PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:13 pm
    ----
I like it.

#3: Re: Logo Advice Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:22 pm
    ----
I don't think there's a thing wrong with that.............. looks great!!!!! Smile

#4: Re: Logo Advice Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:00 am
    ----
I like it Dallan. Maybe a couple more smaller animals (different type) in the background coming out of the mist.

How about: "SHOW THE SHOT",
"KNOW THE SHOT"

Cheers Vince

#5: Re: Logo Advice Author: shootistLocation: Lackawaxen,PA PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:17 am
    ----
Hi Dallan....I'm a long time lurker. I would like to see the animal facing into the frame rather than leading outward.

Great site!!

#6: Re: Logo Advice Author: yotebusterLocation: Georgia PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:37 am
    ----
Yes. I think you're onto something. That looks nice!
Yotebuster Very Happy Very Happy

#7: Re: Logo Advice Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:01 am
    ----
I think after the 300 yard mark I'll fade the grid out as well. As for the animal facing direction, I have about 800 wildlife pictures I can use and facing angle depends on how well it fits the frame. I chose the facing away because less of the animals head is obscured by the graph and I need the trajectory to corispond (roughly) to where the bullet should hit the animal.

Thanks for the advice all, I'll keep noodling with it.

-DallanC

#8: Re: Logo Advice Author: POP!!Location: Cheyenne, Wy PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:32 am
    ----
To the point!

works for me

#9: Re: Logo Advice Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:35 am
    ----
Looking good! Very Happy

If you phase out the graph like you said pass 300 yards would look nicer as we can see the animal better Smile

I do like Vince's saying Smile

Dimitri

#10: Re: Logo Advice Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:00 pm
    ----
Howdy Dallan. Lookin real good your definitly on the right track. Lookin forward to the window decals and hat's as well.
Joe

#11: Re: Logo Advice Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:38 pm
    ----
Dallan...The red line...Does that represent a cannon ball trajectory??? Other then that...Looks O K...

#12: Re: Logo Advice Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:18 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Dallan...The red line...Does that represent a cannon ball trajectory??? Other then that...Looks O K...

I cant remember exactly what load I used for it... I think its a default .270 with a 300 yard zero. It does look a bit funny with the yardage compressed into such a short area.

-DallanC

#13: Re: Logo Advice Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:19 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:

Nope that's the Winchester 30-30 tragetory......... Very Happy

#14: Re: Logo Advice Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:29 pm
    ----
1895ss wrote:
Bushmaster wrote:

Nope that's the Winchester 30-30 tragetory......... Very Happy

OY, 1895ss....you can give yourself a bagfull of uppercuts !!! Bonk
30.30 tragectory....well I never... NoNo Blah Whip

Back on topic....Everything I have read above is good Dallan. The idea you have about fading out sounds great....bit like a misty morning.

Cheers, Vince

#15: Re: Logo Advice Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:50 pm
    ----
oooops, your right Vince if that was a .30-30 tragetory that would be the 100 yard trajectory not 300 yrds............ Sorry. ROFL

Dallan I think some of the guys have given you some good ideas but I would stay with the Elk and add to it if you want. I like Elk.

-> General