By Pass Surgury
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  :| |:
-> General

#31: Re: By Pass Surgury Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:02 am
    ----
I disagree with all of them. First...I don't love ya. I DO like ya though. And second...Get it done!!

#32: Re: By Pass Surgury Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:29 am
    ----
The big problem is those narrowed arteries just dont "reopen". I had 2 near blockages in my heart, one of them was 99% blocked. They put in a stent that covered the two narrowings, the 3rd was only a 60% blockage which they are not allowed to fix (stupid government regulation). They told me flat out to get as healthy as I can, but those narrowing's are pretty much there forever. The gameplan now is to keep them from getting any worse, via meds and exercise.

Once you have a narrowing, you are then susceptible to a 100% blockage if any "flakes" of arterial plaque break off and plug it off. Its a very real concern. I actually have flakes of plaque in the back of my eyes where they can frequently lodge.

You get to make your own decision but I'd strongly think about going ahead with it. I stated earlier a friend of the family had a quad bypass years ago and he was up and about only days later.

Best wishes and best of luck to you Lester.

-DallanC

#33: Re: By Pass Surgury Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:25 pm
    ----
Sage advice from someone who has been there Dallan.

#34: Re: By Pass Surgury Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:24 pm
    ----
Lester I know you're doin what you have to do and it's a hard thing. When you're faced with the facts you have to live with, sometimes it's harder on every one else than it is to you. I know the feeling and it took me a long time to get over the anger of trying to convince others that I knew what I was doing. With my A-fib heart reminding me every time I lay down to sleep (with my chest thumping an odd rhythm) it can't be ignored, the fact that I may not wake in the morning. I've gotten better though and over time, I don't even notice, it's as if I'm back to normal rhythm. I'm actually worse but it's not noticeable unless I do something strenuous and I get out of breath. My condition does not get better with age, but thankfully it (for some reason) is less noticeable. Surgical procedures for A-fib have a 50-50 chance of working and even if it does work it only has a 5 year life span. You most likely will return to A-fib after the 5yrs and a high likelihood of a stroke.

I know what you're facing is nothing like that, but the emotional wringing out of your fate has to be. Your faith and your good family will get you through as well as your renewed vigor towards better health. All my love and best wishes to you Lester, you're doing what you have to do and you're doing well.

Suz

#35: Re: By Pass Surgury Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:46 pm
    ----
Hey Folks,

Again thanks for everything. I have considered this situation to the point that I am tired of thinking about it.

Now, I don't want ya'll to think I've wandered off into the woods like some old Indian (no offense Sue) to sit on a rock and wait for the great spirit to come and collect me. Nope just taking a two week trip to Michigan to visit family, might be the last chance. I don't know who has internet and/or wireless up there so I don't know for sure if I'll be able to keep an eye on you guys.

Have fun, be good.

God Bless you all.

#36: Re: By Pass Surgury Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:27 pm
    ----
Enjoy your visiting Lester. Look after yourself and I'll see ya when ya gits back mate.

#37: Re: By Pass Surgury Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:02 am
    ----
OK, so it''s been a year now I despite some who were hoping I ain't dead yet. Pretty damn close. Anyway, since I can't really do anything without passing out and I'm tired of listening to Dee nag me "Die or get off the pot", just joking but she can certainly nag.

So, went back to see the surgeon and have another catheter thing scheduled for later this month, and the by-pass surgery early September. So, if I survive ya'll are stuck hearing from me for a while longer. If you don't hear from me after September I guess you can figure out what happened.

#38: Re: By Pass Surgury Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:55 pm
    ----
Oil became cheaper during last year, what about your surgury? Was it worth waiting an extra year?

Just joking. I would probably also hesitate a lot before taking such decision. Just remember: the good ones go first...
So: or you're a very good man or you still have plenty of time left...
still joking...

let me wish you lots of strength, courage and an amazing recovery, so that you get a new start to do everything you wish while feeling young again.

#39: Re: By Pass Surgury Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:34 pm
    ----
Les, "get 'er done!" You're in my thoughts and prayers.

#40: Re: By Pass Surgury Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:09 am
    ----
speedy recovery Les,get into health food shop and get all thier goodies to help with recovery aswell,I was a skeptic but somethings,comfry/arnica being two sure to the bizo....its old school herbal not modern mumbo jumbo.

#41: Re: By Pass Surgury Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:46 am
    ----
About damn time you turned yourself in to the doctors...

#42: Re: By Pass Surgury Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:56 am
    ----
Why have I waited, cause all I had was Medicare and the $30 to $40,000 that the surgeon said the surgery would cost on top of that was not acceptable to me. I could not expose my wife and family to that much debt.

Also, due to SC law I became eligible for supplemental insurance last February, however there was a six month waiting period before pre-existing conditions would be covered. So, we are there now.

Thirdly, the last time I saw my dad alive was in the hospital after they had ripped his chest open, not a great memory and one I would like to avoid repeating.

In any case I now can move forward, with hope knowing what I have set up for my family will not be affected by whatever the outcome is.

Thanks for you support and comments.

#43: Re: By Pass Surgury Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:25 pm
    ----
I'm just glad that you are going to get better.
No more talk about the last time you saw your dad - you are not him and you have better doctors and a bunch of people prating for you to be healed.
"Where three or more are gathered in My name, I am there"
God don't make junk and we want you around. (otherwise they will pick on me) Wink

#44: Re: By Pass Surgury Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:33 pm
    ----
Sage words Paul. And yeah, you're next in line to be picked on mate...unless they head in my direction. Confused wtf Shocked Hiding

#45: Re: By Pass Surgury Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:38 pm
    ----
In this day and age, bypass surgery has already a common happening.
The surgeons are now very well versed in the job.
The chance of things gone wrong is way minimized from the olden time.
If you need the surgery, just go for it Les, don't hesitate.

-> General