New rifle and new gun shop
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: New rifle and new gun shop Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:43 pm
    ----
I visited a local mom and pop gun shop today. The owner is a Board member of our gun club. His shop is small, but has a lot of stuff and he will deal on prices. I saw a Winchester Wildcat .22 l.r. rifle on the rack. This rifle was discontinued in 2010 and had mixed reviews. I was impressed and bought it at a discount. It was new in the box and came with one 5-shot and three 10-shot magazines. I plan to shoot it tomorrow and I have plenty of .22 l.r. ammo. All the best...
Gil

www.winchesterguns.com...er_150.pdf

#2: Re: New rifle and new gun shop Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:55 pm
    ----
Real nice looking rifle. If it shoots as good as it looks you have a winner. Always nice to get a good deal and support a local shop.

#3: Re: New rifle and new gun shop Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:22 pm
    ----
Rimfires just don't get better looking than that, it's about time someone made a handsome one. They at least tried to make it accurate too. Tell us how it shoots when you get around to it.

Suz

#4: Re: New rifle and new gun shop Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:00 am
    ----
Looks good Gil. I'll be looking forward to seeing your range report mate.

#5: Re: New rifle and new gun shop Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:37 pm
    ----
full sized has to make it better for practise and extra bulk should help keep it steady. look forward to range report.

#6: Re: New rifle and new gun shop Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:24 am
    ----
Gil, when I saw that you started this post, I asked myself what good deal on a gun did you get today. You are the luckiest gun finding guy I know. Congrats! Looks like a real nice rifle.

#7: Re: New rifle and new gun shop Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:27 pm
    ----
Gil,
Congrats on the new rifle. I much prefer the smaller Mom and Pop shops to going to Cabelas or the like.

#8: Re: New rifle and new gun shop Author: Deer Sniper PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:22 pm
    ----
That looks like it should be a squirrel on bunny's worse nightmare.

Very nice find, good for you...

I look forward to an accuracy report....

#9: Re: New rifle and new gun shop Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:32 pm
    ----
Gil has found so many good rifles lately, I don't know when he has the time to shoot any of them.

#10: Re: New rifle and new gun shop Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:27 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:
Gil has found so many good rifles lately, I don't know when he has the time to shoot any of them.

...or if there are any good buys left.

#11: Re: New rifle and new gun shop Author: SingleShotLoverLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:25 am
    ----
Very nice! Keep us updated.

#12: Re: New rifle and new gun shop Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:46 am
    ----
I appreciate the kind words and thoughts. I was forced into retirement and have too much free time. I mean that I can only cut so much grass and run the dog so often. Over the last year I have sold a few pieces that were no longer of interest to me or I bought on impulse and later reconsidered the transaction. I never lost a dime on these deals.

There are lots of really good bargains in the gun shops that I visit. Many of them do not appeal to me. Yes, I have too many guns, but I bought them cheap and enjoy working on them.

The Winchester .22 shot like a dream and grouped very well at 50 yards. I intend to snipe a few groundhogs and then take it out in small game season. All the best...
Gil

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions