What is the WORST gun you ever bought?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#16: Re: What is the WORST gun you ever bought? Author: GroovyJackLocation: Bama PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:43 pm
    ----
M70 7Rem Mag ..
Jack

#17: Re: What is the WORST gun you ever bought? Author: popgunLocation: Mitchell, GA, U.S.A. (2007 pop. 191) PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:41 pm
    ----
Mossberg Ulti Mag, 12 ga. 3.5" Mag. Damn near beat me to death. Fired it 3 times and traided it for a Winchester 12 ga 3".

#18: Re: What is the WORST gun you ever bought? Author: gdm41 PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:28 pm
    ----
Without hesitation.....I would have too say, that the worse firearm, I ever owned was a .17 Mach 2 produced by CZ. This rifle had a heavy barrel
with adjustable factory trigger which wasn't worth having. I had a gunsmith
install an after market trigger and it still shot like crap after spending another $79.00 for trigger and $30.00 to have it installed. I have a Izhmash .22 Lr that I paid a lot less for than the CZ and the Izhmash shoots circles around it. I finally traded the .17 back to the same store that I purchased it from. Now, I realize, that I probably opened a can of worms,
but you won't find a CZ in my firearm collection.

#19: Re: What is the WORST gun you ever bought? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:14 pm
    ----
Hopkins & Allen single shot 12 GA demascus twist with the bead front sight off 1/4 inch. Traded it and $50.00 for a Winchester 94. I still have the .30-30. Thaqt was 48 years ago....

#20: Re: What is the WORST gun you ever bought? Author: calsibley PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:36 pm
    ----
The German mauser M98 in 8x57 I own goes a long way in explaining how those people lost two world wars. I honestly think the safest place to stand would be right in front of it. Such a pretty rifle, such a lousy shooter,
go figure. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

#21: Re: What is the WORST gun you ever bought? Author: heritage1550Location: East Texas Woods PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:14 pm
    ----
I'd have to say my worst was the Ruger Mini-14. Even after it was accurized it still tracked all over the paper at 100 yards. I guess it could best be described as a close quarters gun. It was fun just messing around with it though.

#22: Re: What is the WORST gun you ever bought? Author: Supert PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:20 am
    ----
The worst gun I ever purchased was actually a SAKO Hunter model in 270. I could not get that gun to group worth a damn. Factory ammo typically had a two inch group at 100 yards. Compare this with the fact that one of my most accurate rifles was a SAKO Carbine in 308. Go figure.

#23: Re: What is the WORST gun you ever bought? Author: SwampFoxLocation: Destin, Florida PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:19 am
    ----
Very Happy This ia a no brainer for me, a Rexio. But then I got what I expected and bought the single shot 22 as a test bed for the 60 grain SSS ammo. I bored and relined the barrel and built a custom scope base. It still is garbage. Firing pin started to brad after about 10 shots....
Ed

#24: Re: What is the WORST gun you ever bought? Author: aubie515 PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:30 pm
    ----
HK 91 in .308...it was not only the worse rifle I bought...but it was the most expensive rifle I ever bought as well. I was not impressed with the German craftsmanship. I was hoping to have something accurate considering the rifle alone was $2,000....I had over $3,000 invested in the rifle and I ended up sellling it for a major loss.

#25: Re: What is the WORST gun you ever bought? Author: Rick_Teal PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:56 am
    ----
Mine was a Mossberg 200D shotgun. This POS continually jammed, and was too big and heavy to carry comfortably - just plain cumbersome.

The best I could make it do was as a "two shooter". When I got rid of it I swore off pumps for the next 20+ years.

Lately I've seen the odd one at gun shows being advertised as rare and collectable. If you see one don't buy it! The only reason they'd be rare is because they were worthless - even if they were free they'd be overpriced.

#26: Re: What is the WORST gun you ever bought? Author: sniperLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:06 pm
    ----
DallanC wrote:
I was wondering what if any, was the WORST gun you've ever owned and why? -DallanC

Without a doubt, a Romanian training rifle. It only cost $45, but it would not feed from the magazne. It was a reasonably accurate single shot, and the spent casings would drop neatly through the magazine well. A guy at work wanted a spare magazine for his, and I told him the mag. would be $25, and the gun was free! I finally got $35 as a trade-in.

#27: Re: What is the WORST gun you ever bought? Author: robfromaz1977Location: Arizona's White Mountains PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:03 am
    ----
THE WORST GUN I EVER OWNED WAS A MARLIN MODEL 60. A TUBE FED SEMI AUTO THAT NO MATTER WHAT I DID TO IT I COULDN'T KEEP IT FROM HANG FIRING. ABOUT EVERY 5TH SHOT IT WOULD GO CLICK AND NO BANG. I KEPT IT SUPER CLEAN AND EVEN TRIED A NEW FIRING PIN BUT NO HELP THERE. I FINALY GAVE THE GUN TO A FRIEND THAT HAD ONE AND WANTED MINE FOR PARTS. I SWORE I WOULD NEVER OWN ANOTHER ONE. I EVEN HAD THE CHANCE TO BUY ONE FOR 25 BUCKS BUT I TURNED IT DOWN. NOTHING AGAINST MARLINS JUST THAT MODEL. I HAD A MARLIN 39A AND THAT WAS THE BEST 22 I EVER HAD. WISH I STILL HAD IT.

#28: Re: What is the WORST gun you ever bought? Author: cal30_1906 PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:04 pm
    ----
A stainless Mini 14 Ruger that I bought new right after Clinton was elected
The 2nd time.I believe my 12 gauge with #oo buck will hold a tighter pattern at 35 yards than it will but IT IS relaible..

#29: Re: What is the WORST gun you ever bought? Author: 515034s10ringLocation: Working my way back up and around PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:22 pm
    ----
A new "Enhanced" S&W Sigma! I had an original and sold it after the lawsuit with Glock, then bought another "Enhanced" Sigma because they "say" it's way better, and for the money it beats a Glock hands down.

Well, i'll keep my Glocks, because atleast they never KB'd on me, rusted, or showed me any type of failure!

This is NOT saying i have anything against S&W either(which i don't), because i still do own a few (maybe more Twisted Evil ) but will never buy another economy polymer pistol again.

#30: Re: What is the WORST gun you ever bought? Author: mikekuzaraLocation: Farson, Wyoming PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:02 pm
    ----
The absolute worst gun was a Charter Arms .22 semi auto pistol. It would stovepipe every 3rd round and the trigger pull was like dragging a rusty nail across a piece of rock, although the trigger did eventually smooth out and it stopped stovepiping. The only problem was that it then turned itself into a full auto pistol, a short braap, and all 10 rounds were out. Finally just disassemled it and broke up the pieces.

It is amazing to note however, that two of the other firearms on the list are some of the best i have had. Namely a 8mm Mauser, made in 1944, that will print 3/4 inch groups all day long, and a HK 91 in .308, that would put 5 rounds of match grade ammo through the same hole.

I guess it just proves that no manufacturer is immune from producing a bad gun.

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions