Pages Loading
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
-> General

#46: Re: Pages Loading Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:39 pm
    ----
Paul,
Lookup luddite Wink

#47: Re: Pages Loading Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:20 am
    ----
I've been thinking that our ability to instantly communicate with everyone is hindering our ability to effectively communicate with anyone...

#48: Re: Pages Loading Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:06 am
    ----
A nod to you Pumpkin on that one, and why o why do we need to? it's sort of a selfish act, as if everyone needs to know (thinking Facebook) what I'm doing so they can get along in their lives. I don't subscribe to it and my cell phone is off except when I'm on the road or need to call long distance. I've always loved quiet in all it's forms and if I had some little shirt pocket device always annoying me about something, it would find it's little buttons in the river.

I remember when they first started telling us about the magic phones they created in Japan. It was said that every person was able to carry a phone with them where ever they went and was able to use it where ever they went and every person had his own telephone number just walking around like he was a phone on legs. Nothing about that was safe to me. That description alone made me cringe. But now it's much improved, now it's as if every person has a tracking device (he willingly carries) and all the world can find his hidyhole and text him about what their kid did in day-care, what to get at the grocery for dinner, how'z the colonoscopy going, and who screwed who last night.....or maybe it's in progress and we need the video, can you send photos? It's scary to me and those who want some privacy because it's practically legislated that we don't have any....at all. I thought I'll never visit Japan....unless I'm clothed in lead....now it's all over the place and like lice in a school kid's hat, we carry it with us and infect every noise abated situation with it, libraries, opera houses, check-out at the grocery (that's so annoying), public toilets (the stall next door....are they talkin to me?) courtroom juries (scuse me I gotta get this, it's about my dog at the veterinary) have to go to recess....oh never thought of that, what about kids at recess callin Mom about what a little brat did to the class science project today (filled the snake with marbles)...

I could
go on
Suz

#49: Re: Pages Loading Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:09 am
    ----
Still getting these pop-ups on my android tablet. Only happens on this site. It seems to coincide with changes to the ad frame at the top. Next time it happens I will take a screen shot. Both pop-ups give a web address and are dedigned to get you to download an app from the Playstore. They use the virus boogy as the bait.

#50: Re: Pages Loading Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:09 pm
    ----
Okay here are some screenies.

#51: Re: Pages Loading Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:32 pm
    ----
Dems da bastards.

#52: Re: Pages Loading Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:43 pm
    ----
The scary part is several times the URL is shown in my brouser as the Optimize web site but I am still seeing the hunting nut forum. I then close my brouser from my Task Manager because who knows what will happen if I click on anything in the window.

#53: Re: Pages Loading Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:48 pm
    ----
DHC, I'm not against the electronics.... I just have no need for them.

I was the first on the block with a computer - back in 1978 - I had a use for it. I just don't need a 24/7 leash around my ear.

#54: Re: Pages Loading Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:36 pm
    ----
Going to have to take a holiday from the site for awhile. I accidentally hit the confirm rather than the cancel button on one of those popups and ended up spending a few hours cleaning the adware and redirection crap off of my tablet. So I will wish everyone a good Christmas and New Years now as I will give it at least until then and check after to see if the garbage ads are still coming in. BTW popup blocking doesn't work.

-> General