Pages Loading
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> General

#16: Re: Pages Loading Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:24 pm
    ----
I'm using Chrome on my tablet with no problems Vince. My computer is about as old as Bushy's is, and I use Firefox. Things slow down big time until the adds get done loading. I think that is your problem, and is the reason I mostly use my tablet now days.

Eric

#17: Re: Pages Loading Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:45 pm
    ----
driving me nucken futs!!!!!!!
down bottom left flashes
waiting for media fastclick
transfering data from doubleclick.......
Im going right out and back in faster than a page will load 5mins at times!!!!!

#18: Re: Pages Loading Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:55 pm
    ----
Yup...exactly the same here mate...must be sumfin about the Southern Hemisphere methinks. Laughing

Pete...yep...Telstra mate, although my ISP is iinet. Must set the cache to clear every time I log off Mozilla.

Thanks guys and gal.

#19: Re: Pages Loading Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:44 am
    ----
I just put on that NO SCRIPTS add-on for Firefox to give it a try and it stops the adds from loading on, works great. It also stops other things the web site Java stuff for instance, when you put your curser on the title of a thread it won't give you a pop-up of the thread contents, no biggie for me. You can change the options to partially allow scripts too, give it a try, it's free, loads it'self and you can remove it easily if you don't want it. It might help your time even if the server is slow.

Suz

#20: Re: Pages Loading Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:00 am
    ----
Thanks Suz...I loaded it, but it created more problems than it solved. Unfortunately I must have script enabled for Ebay, and with most sites requiring you to log in with a password...I can't remember them all and by having NO-SCRIPTS activated, you have to enter your username and password every time. That's a pain because I simply can't remember them all...or I get them mixed up. Embarassed Embarassed burr burr

#21: Re: Pages Loading Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:38 am
    ----
so far so good tonight.

#22: Re: Pages Loading Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:18 am
    ----
It's "off and on" tonight...very strange indeedy.

#23: Re: Pages Loading Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:36 am
    ----
yip doing it here too. first post ...ok then it goes haywire again...

#24: Re: Pages Loading Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:03 am
    ----
Yep same here.
I blame Vince, mine didnt do it until he mentioned it.

Plays up on both the steam driven computer thats 9 yrs old and the new tablet.

#25: Re: Pages Loading Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:22 am
    ----
Fair call Pete...I a pretty responsible sort of a guy mate...so I'll take responsibility for the problem. Laughing Laughing

#26: Re: Pages Loading Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:25 am
    ----
seems to speed up if you re press where you wanted to go while waiting for it to get there..biggest P.I.T.A. is loosing posts since last visit.

#27: Re: Pages Loading Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:48 pm
    ----
maybe this can help:

while waiting to load a page, I get 2 notices bottom left of my screen:

- waiting for media.fastclick.net
and
- waiting for cdn.fastclick.net

#28: Re: Pages Loading Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:56 pm
    ----
I will pass this on.

-DallanC

#29: Re: Pages Loading Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:35 pm
    ----
Seems to speed up if you make dinner while waiting for the page to load

jest kidding
Suz

#30: Re: Pages Loading Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:41 am
    ----
thanks Dallan its a real pain in the butt!!!!
faster tonight and re clicking where I want to go helps a little too!!!
strange those messages are lashing as I type this????

-> General