Beautifull fall day
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Small Game Hunting

#1: Beautifull fall day Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:46 pm
    ----
After better than a week of rain, it finally stopped. Was the perfect time to load up puppy dog and head to the woods in search of some grouse. Absolutely perfect day, 50 above with sun and no wind. Through the course of the hunt, she put up eight birds for me. Was able to get shots at three and connected on two. By far the easiest bird, I completely missed. Hope we have more fall days like this one. Great day to be out, and the two Ruffs will taste great. Very Happy

#2: Re: Beautifull fall day Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:37 pm
    ----
Great outing, M2! The picture is great ... but wait, no image of your hunting partner?

#3: Re: Beautifull fall day Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:58 pm
    ----
man you must tie up some wicked fishing flies with that awesome plumage!!!

#4: Re: Beautifull fall day Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:55 am
    ----
Well done Moose...and once again, a magnificent pic mate.

#5: Re: Beautifull fall day Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:34 am
    ----
Hunting partner? Hummm...Wonder what Stovey would look like with a ... Naw...But he does need al the help he can get.

Nice job Moose2

#6: Re: Beautifull fall day Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:34 pm
    ----
Thanks for the nice comments guys. My puppy dog Dakota just wasn't photogenic after this hunt. So no pic of her. She must have had a headache or something.

Hopefully old Stovie will be posting some bird pics here pretty soon. His storylines are......so much fun to read. Very Happy

#7: Re: Beautifull fall day Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:52 pm
    ----
Nice picture and good shooting. I gotta get out myself soon. No dog but walking up a few is almost as much fun. What gauge and shot size?

#8: Re: Beautifull fall day Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:39 pm
    ----
MacD wrote:
Nice picture and good shooting. I gotta get out myself soon. No dog but walking up a few is almost as much fun. What gauge and shot size?

Hello Mac. I am using a 20 ga. with IC and Mod chokes. Shooting 7 1/2 shot. Hope ya get out and chase a few down. It's pretty good exercise also.
Good luck to you. Very Happy

#9: Re: Beautifull fall day Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:21 pm
    ----
My choice also but find it hard to get 71/2 locally in 20 gauge. I use a single shot. Grouse don't usually give you the opportunity for a second shot :-)

#10: Re: Beautifull fall day Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:29 pm
    ----
MacD wrote:
My choice also but find it hard to get 71/2 locally in 20 gauge.

That's about all the sell in the 250 round cases around here!

#11: Re: Beautifull fall day Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:45 pm
    ----
That tears it! Me 'n "Elvira" are on the way....I want soma them Ruffy's!!! God that looks epic.

#12: Re: Beautifull fall day Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:13 pm
    ----
You can't...You have a business to run.

#13: Re: Beautifull fall day Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:19 pm
    ----
Shocked

But me 'n Elvira wana go bust some grooses with Mooseman!!!

Sad

burr

#14: Re: Beautifull fall day Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:30 pm
    ----
And I want you to continue contributing to my SS fund. If yer with "Mooseman" yer not working, I don't get paid.

#15: Re: Beautifull fall day Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:35 pm
    ----
Aint you got some teeth to carve?

Turkey day's next month....

Shocked

Laughing

-> Small Game Hunting