if this is true, things will get interesting
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: if this is true, things will get interesting Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:53 am
    ----
Is this true?

www.infowars.com/visa-...nsactions/

Probably time to change credit cards.

#2: Re: if this is true, things will get interesting Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:13 am
    ----
just like goddam pay pal, too bad the bastard that runs gunpal is a crook. Otherwise it will be great visa replacement.

#3: Re: if this is true, things will get interesting Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:26 am
    ----
Time to change credit cards.

#4: Re: if this is true, things will get interesting Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:45 am
    ----
Hm...methinks this is definitely one to keep an eye on in the future.

#5: Re: if this is true, things will get interesting Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:04 am
    ----
Surprised Worth watching for sure Vince!If the visa card is found to be anti 2a-then I will cancell all of mine-switch to master or whatever,on the other hand-I can remember when the nra had visa cards-don't remember if they still do tho !They keep messing with us common folk and they are going to get more than they bargained for!Bunch of mobama ***kissers!

#6: Re: if this is true, things will get interesting Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:23 am
    ----
any one heard of cash.....dont have a credit card never had, the only time its an issue is making an online purchase if seller wont let us do a bank transfer.
but yea...plurry banks need to pull their heads in/out of butts!!!

#7: Re: if this is true, things will get interesting Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:44 pm
    ----
I doubt that the reason they cancelled the contract was for firearms. They knew full well what kind of business they were dealing with, don't kid yourselves.

I bet that clause, like another hundred or so in the contract, are exercised at will for other issues without them having to justify it in courts.

I bet there is a clause that says selling cat food at the same retail space that sells dog food is prohibited too.

Dimitri

#8: Re: if this is true, things will get interesting Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:32 pm
    ----
I wrote an E-mail asking for an explanation.
If I find that it is their policy not to provide services regarding the internet sales of guns and accessories then I will make a trip to my bank and let them know that I will be switching to a different card.

This kind of thing just frosts my cookies!

#9: Re: if this is true, things will get interesting Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:26 am
    ----
That's 2 now...Bank of America and now Visa. Best to have a Master Card and an American Express handy or like Elvis, go through the bank. Dimitri I'm glad you're in Canada.

#10: Re: if this is true, things will get interesting Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:26 pm
    ----
I got Mastercard but it gets paid off in full every month thanks to SWMBO; actually we use the free 55 days credit that all cards have, saves us shit-loads in credit card interest. Its free money if you pay it back in full on time.
But like Elvis I find that cash is the best way to go, if you don't have it - you can't spend it! Simple philosophy.
As for VISA - isn't there some urban legend that the 4 letters that make visa can also be interpreted as 666 - the number of the beast - spooky stuff huh!

#11: Re: if this is true, things will get interesting Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:59 pm
    ----
wtf My Cabelas card is a Visa !!!

#12: Re: if this is true, things will get interesting Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:12 pm
    ----
chambered221 wrote:
:wtf: My Cabelas card is a Visa !!!

Ditto! This is strange...

-DallanC

#13: Re: if this is true, things will get interesting Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:55 pm
    ----
I did some digging on Hyatt Gun Store.

In 1994 they supported Clinton raising firearm store licensing fees from $200 every 3 years to $600 a year to try and weed out the smaller FFL's.

Between 1998-2000 they supported background checks of gun owners publicly multiple times.

In 2004 they were cited by the BATF as being one of the most cooperative gun stores in the country.

Seems like even if VISA is pro-gun or anti-gun, maybe putting this store out of business may be a good thing over all for gun owners.

Still, a gun store as old as Hyatt, being with the VISA owned company for only 4 years, makes me wonder why the previous agreement with a processing agency was dropped. And whether or not VISA was using the gun clause as a excuse that is easy to justify in court, instead of possible real business issues that are more difficult to win a court battle against.

Dimitri

#14: Re: if this is true, things will get interesting Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:55 pm
    ----
'Mitri makes a couple of good points. There is a possibility that there is more to this one than meets the eye.

#15: Re: if this is true, things will get interesting Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:35 pm
    ----
I've been to Hyatt's a few times, never bought anything. They were kinda proud of their merchandise...

-> Spam-O-Rama